Congrats to everyone who has received the result they were hoping for.

Has anyone received WL London Yr7 results yet? Is it just Birmingham and Manchester DC who have received results to date?

I don't know of any yr7 London results yet.  I have a feeling I read Bath were out but I might be dreaming that.

My DD auditioned in London for year 7 - no news yet. I'm pretty sure it will be a no but still constantly looking at my e.mails. Well done to everyone who has had a yes and like everyone says a no is just a no for now, who knows what will happen in the future.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the "not this time" results, keep dancing!

Well done to all the "yeses"! Finals at WL are a lovely day out (especially if it's sunny), great experience even if a child isn't offered a place afterwards.

Waiting for the results is the worst, hope London results will arrive very soon.

• Like 2

Dancing Princess - we were London 22 Jan for year 8 and results came yesterday. All the people I know from that audition also have had their results through.

Amos, what time were you at London? My DD would be going into year 9 in September so I don't think they were for the same year. Beginning to wonder if I didn't tick the right box!

Edited by DancingPrincess
  • Like 1

Cablegirl, Bath was out a while ago... so seems like Lonon year 7 left ... maybe today? Best to luck!

Thanks Hopful. I hope you're right - the waiting is the worst bit!

Congrats to those with exciting news, best of luck for the final audition! Last year there were 40 girls invited for WL yr 7 and 13 places given. It does vary year to year depending on who they see. Never give up those with a 'not for now', you never know what opportunity may be waiting just around the corner. Fingers crossed for those still waiting on news, hope it arrives soon.

Thanks Aklf,

That is really useful to know. Good luck for the finals everyone!

Amos, what time were you at London? My DD would be going into year 9 in September so I don't think they were for the same year. Beginning to wonder if I didn't tick the right box!

Hi DP, we were in the 10am class, first one of the day and it was all for year 8 apart from one girl who had been put in the wrong time slot by mistake and was for year 9! Maybe you should contact them if you don't hear today? Although I would say hearing late = good news possible?!?

Looks like London year 7 emails are not coming today! I need to stop looking and get on with something productive anyway!!

Good luck and hope results our really really soon !!

How many sessions were there for yr 7 girls in London does anyone know? Wonder if it was the biggest audition group?

I guessed there were 4 sessions as the last one was 3.30-5pm but just a guess!

• Like 1

In Birmingham I think there were 2. 28 in the first session and the second sessions last number was in the 50s, so probably similar numbers in each xx

Yes definitely flowerpot, and everyone that applies (in the specified time) has an audition. It's a lovely experience xx

Year 7 has 12-13 openings so if up to it in a way easier for year 7....than any higher year I think..

We plan to try Year 7, then 8, then 9 and so on :)

Edited by Hopeful????
  • Like 1

If I learned anything from this ....I think we go next time to the centre with the shortest wait for results ????

On a serious note to all the waiting, I hope today you finally get your answer and have happy news ...

• Like 3

If I learned anything from this ....I think we go next time to the centre with the shortest wait for results

On a serious note to all the waiting, I hope today you finally get your answer and have happy news ...

:D  ;)  I like  your line of thought .

• Like 1

The shortest wait time is frequently the last audition. Don't forget London Yr 7 auditions for girls were only ten days ago ????

• Like 2

The shortest wait time is frequently the last audition. Don't forget London Yr 7 auditions for girls were only ten days ago ????

Good point ???? I reconsidered, thanks! I won't go for shortest then, as be the last one to know ...Birmingham seems a great one then....???????????? 12 days waiting and in a middle :) Bath waited threee weeks? So not going there ... Every day feels like 10! Well I wish all good luck and have a feeling we meet in next year chat as well ???? London hope you are the shortest and get yours today!!!

To all those trying for yr 7 places, can I ask what grades your dc were at when they auditioned? Especially those who only started ballet fairly recently.

• Like 2

LoobyLou, I can only speak from the examples of the girls in my daughter's JA class and they seem to be either grade 3 or 4. I don't know of any who started ballet that recently though, they have all been doing it for a number of years. That's not to say that that is a prerequisite for doing well at the auditions though!

• Like 1

To all those trying for yr 7 places, can I ask what grades your dc were at when they auditioned? Especially those who only started ballet fairly recently.

I second what Cablegirl says - same with our JA class