WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

Thank you Flowerpot!????

In my novice experience and opinion ????

Anyone can go and anyone has a chance..worth the try, it is just an extra ballet class to attend (plus the obvious anxious wait after :) and a very possible "no" to deal with :) but a chance for a "yes" too!

Follow RBS site for the application timing and photo requirements. Our teacher helped us with the photos, used my phone ..

They state on a web DC are not assessed based on photos....but I think worth to look the best ballet wise :)

It is same application for WL and Mid associates just choose one of them or both... first audition is together as wel...

DD went to Berminham ...She choose to try solely WL.

Next year WL, Elmhurst and Tring. We are too just learning about the process ... so maybe some other schools too...

Sorry always comes too long!

• Like 1

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DD friend not got final audition either. Never mind, there is always next time, and all good practice and experience of auditioning. Interestingly dd said her RBS audition went better than Elmhurst audition. Just shows each school look for different attributes and abilities. Xx

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that TBG, and good luck for Elmhurst. It's a difficult thing for both children and parents to handle and the no letters can really dent self confidence. I think it helps to remind DCs that pretty much all the children who audition are very able, and that a rejection at this stage really doesn't mean the end of the road, and definitely doesn't imply that they are not talented dancers.

If there is one thing that reading this forum over the years has shown me it is that success comes in many different forms and by many different routes. Stay positive.

• Like 5

Thank you Pups_mum. DD is an MA and has excellent dance teachers and attends a great academic school too so very happy to continue as we are - however dd would love to go to vocational school and has real encouragement from dance friends and school friends -who all get very excited around audition times, and does actually lighten all those darkest moments when the no's come. Still sending good wishes to all those yet to hear xx

• Like 3

Sorry for those who have not received the news hoped for, so hard being a parent at these moments! Also, don't forget (as if you would) that for anyone who applied for MAs as well as WL, results for the former are still some time away and could be positive.

• Like 1

ArucariaBallerina yes we were Bath. I know of no's for Yr 8 and yes for yr7. So Bath results should all be out. Good luck to those waiting sorry to all the not yet and we'll done to all the yes's. At least the waiting is nearly over xxx

Sorry to hear that abitwornout.

No surprise here either. No for year 8 finals - London audition.

Can I just check, did it mention anything in the email about waiting for associates results? It didn't say anything in our email and now worried I forgot to tick the associates box ...

Amos73 and Abitwornout, sorry about the no (not yet?) and good luck for the SA and MA....hope some good news will come out of those ... and any coming and future auditions! Just admire those DC trying, they are all a very special bunch...

Edited by Hopeful????
  • Like 2