Anyone else's daughter starting to fall apart a bit? Mine is emotional wreck! Honestly never known anything like this. I knew it would be bad but....

No, but mine kept her hair in a bun all weekend, and has done her room up with bunting like the year 7 dormitory.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My DS is feeling very anxious and like most DC he wants it more having been to the Audition at White Lodge. Does anyone know if there's a particular order in the way results are distributed. Do the DC who auditioned last weekend hear something first and so on? I don't think the refresh key on my phone can take it much longer????

Previously they have sent out results in order of the audition date. The girls who auditioned for y8-11 the week before y 7 finals still haven't heard though so am guessing they will send out those results before any from last weekends final. They have been waiting for 10 days now!

It sounds like the poor old Royal email dragon is going to be working overtime this week if, as they claim, they are also sending out 3000 results for summer school this week.l ????

• Like 2

Thank you. Wow they are going to be extremely busy, think I'll try now to check my email today as it seems doubtful. Good luck everyone ????????

• Like 2

I cant wait for the results and I don't know any of you !!!!!

Good Luck to all your DC !!!! They have all done so well and should be very proud of themselves whatever the outcome .

Edited by HAIRBELLES
  • Like 10

I cant wait for the results and I don't know any of you !!!!!

Good Luck to all your DC !!!! They have all done so well and should be very proud of themselves whatever the outcome .

Thank you!!!
  • Like 1

Feel for you all. 10 years ago we were waiting too and feeling very anxious. A no doesn't necessarily mean the end. My daughter did not get into WL nor did she even get finals for upper school but got a job with BRB straight from another vocational school. Rejection at the time felt like the end of her dream but it wasn't. Mind you we did have to visit quite a few tea shops to console ourselves.

• Like 19

Feel for you all. 10 years ago we were waiting too and feeling very anxious. A no doesn't necessarily mean the end. My daughter did not get into WL nor did she even get finals for upper school but got a job with BRB straight from another vocational school. Rejection at the time felt like the end of her dream but it wasn't. Mind you we did have to visit quite a few tea shops to console ourselves.

That's lovely or hear. 

Can I ask which vocational school your daughter attended? 

Thank you

• Like 1

I've just heard about a girl who got a Year 9 place so hopefully Year 7 results will follow shortly!

• Like 2

There are a couple of girls who have been offered Year 8 as well.

Congratulations! Pretty amazing to get Year 8!!

At that point we just want to get the results email and just move on....just feel bad that after all this wait will have this conversation about not getting in like most of us... just really want to move forward ...

• Like 1

The longer it goes on the more I have convinced myself it's a definite no. Totally talked myself out of the idea that she'll be offered a place! So would be genuinely in shock if she does (but she won't!). Too many girls there for anyone who has any kind of weakness to stand a chance and I believe my daughter probably isn't flexible enough. I remember seeing a couple of JAs a few years ago who subsequently went on to being offered a place at WL showing amazing flexibility. My daughter is flexible but they were like rubber. Would anyone with WL experience second that extreme flexibility is right at top of priorities for the panel?

• Like 1

The longer it goes on the more I have convinced myself it's a definite no. Totally talked myself out of the idea that she'll be offered a place! So would be genuinely in shock if she does (but she won't!). Too many girls there for anyone who has any kind of weakness to stand a chance and I believe my daughter probably isn't flexible enough. I remember seeing a couple of JAs a few years ago who subsequently went on to being offered a place at WL showing amazing flexibility. My daughter is flexible but they were like rubber. Would anyone with WL experience second that extreme flexibility is right at top of priorities for the panel?

Sorry not nearly WL but I think flexibility is a workable thing (unlike turn out or other things that can't be worked on if not there at all) .. so shouldn't be a problem especially if a child works on it and is doing great... I've been asking same question about excessive flexibility and it is not welcome and not workable... so we all are worried just about different things I would guess..it is not over until it is over ... most of us will get a no but for now they all still have equal chance ... Edited by Hopeful????

Sorry not nearly WL but I think flexibility is a workable thing (unlike turn out or other things that can't be worked on if not there at all) .. so shouldn't be a problem especially if a child works on it and is doing great... I've been asking same question about excessive flexibility and it is not welcome and not workable... so we all are worried just about different things I would guess..it is not over until it is over ... most of us will get a no but for now they all still have equal chance ...

Thank you Hopeful! Reassuring to know that I'm not the only one obsessing over the details which we can do absolutely nothing about! I think it's just a way of trying to second guess the result so we are totally prepared for it. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day...although I have a feeling it will be more like Friday.

• Like 1

Thank you Hopeful! Reassuring to know that I'm not the only one obsessing over the details which we can do absolutely nothing about! I think it's just a way of trying to second guess the result so we are totally prepared for it. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day...although I have a feeling it will be more like Friday.

This is the longest week ever! All I can think about is overanalysing it... no solving this one though...
  • Like 1

The girl who got into WL from my dd JAS did not have the best splits in the group.

• Like 1

They look for natural turnout and some degree of flexibility but not amazing flexibility as this can be developed. My dd was certainly not in the amazing category when she got in 2 years ago!!

It is a balance of so many things that they look for that you could go mad trying to understand why some get in and others don't. Different shapes, flexibility, looks, experience, technique, etc, etc .... I'm still not sure ????

• Like 1

There are a couple of girls who have been offered Year 8 as well.

Apologies just realised that I wrote Year 8 - I meant into Year 9 ☺️

Apologies just realised that I wrote Year 8 - I meant into Year 9 ☺️

Amazing to get a higher year, any higher year, then even 7 seems impossible !