Who is this dancer?

I'm not sure as cannot find up to date piccie but this might be Turkish dancer Kadir Okurer who won a competition in Istanbul a few years back and I think may have won the Youth American Grand Prix soon after but that was a while ago so he would be about 27 or 28 now.

• Like 1

As I scrolled down the pics, I thought wow, those first two dancers have incredible powers of balance! That will teach me to look at the pics before I read the text.

Sorry, I have no idea who he is, but comparing with photos of the dancer mentioned by LinMM, it could indeed be Mr Okurer.

• Like 1

He looked familiar to me too but then I spotted the resemblance to a young Alec Baldwin :D

Linda

Yes, I can see a likeness to young Alec, from his Knots Landing days, long before he started 'impersonating' the Donald.

There is also a resemblance to Nick Knowles, in his cheeky chappie do I look like a builder in this gold paint era.

Perhaps Mr Okurer could be contacted to confirm whether or not it is himself in the pics. If it isn't him, he may well know who it is.

• Like 1

The mystery is, I think, solved.

Mr Okurer has very helpfully named the the mystery man as Deniz Özaydin, a colleague of his at the Istanbul State Opera and Ballet, and something of a choreographer as well. 

All that now remains is to contact Mr Özaydin directly and thank him for gracing the walls of our staircase for the last couple of years! I do hope he won't mind!

• Like 7

Presumably that is Deniz Ozaydin in video .....certainly looks like the young man in your piccies.

I remember being impressed with the other young dancer Kadir Okurer a few years back as we had at the time recently been on holiday in Turkey and there was a lot of concern from some younger students ( who were tour guides etc) about what would happen to the Arts with the change of Government ....some of them were planning to leave even hoping for UK or the States.

So I was very pleased to see that Mr Okurer was doing so well ....winning competitions etc and then performing in Turkey ....I think he was with the Opera and Ballet Company in Ankara first but glad to see still going strong.

So far so good and hope it stays this way over there.

"Presumably that is Deniz Ozaydin in video..."

Yes, LinMM I think so! I have sent him a link to this thread and an explanation (via Facebook). I am certainly very pleased to be able to put a name to the chap we see every day on our landing wall, and who knows, maybe we shall see him dancing one day!

Jacqueline - I do not know any more than what is on here! But certainly Istanbul has gone up a few places in the "must (re)visit" list!