Corsaire from Vienna on Arte online

No idea which countries the link works in, nor how long this will stay up, but I have just watched some of this 2016 recording of The Corsaire (with a pretty fab cast) and all seems ok at the moment:-

Liudmila Konovalova (Médora)

Vadim Muntagirov (Conrad)

Natascha Mair (Gulnare)

Francesco Costa (Lanquedem)

Davide Dato (Birbanto)

Alice Firenze (Zulméa)

Mihail Sosnovschi (Seyd Pascha)

Click here: http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/065868-000-A/le-corsaire

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

Well, it seems a correction is in order. I took the cast list from Arte's own website, yet several dancers didn't seem to be right so I just spun to the end credits and the cast is indeed mostly different to the list I posted (I have taken a screen shot of the closing roller but can't figure out how to paste it here, sorry).

Edited by Geoff

Thanks for sharing. They had another lovely production of Corsaire which was available last year - would love to see more story ballets on Arte. I did a quick check on the site since I was there and they do seem to have a Balanchine celebration from the NYCB and a Nicolas le Riche Gala (with Sylvie Guillem)  from 2014 which looks interesting having read the blurb and skipped through - include L'apres midi d'un faune from what I can see.. Lots of lovely new ballet viewing so thanks for original post!

• Like 1