Mouseys mum

Royal Ballet School SS

Hi Flora, they released the number of applications they'd had and provided the date of 1st March for offers to be sent out from, on both their Facebook and Instagram pages last week x

Have just seen that upper school results are coming out today, so I would guess they aren't going to be turning to summer school applications until that was all done. They will have been very busy with the lower school auditions then results, then the upper school auditions and results. I can imagine now they will turn their attention to the summer school. They did say 1 March for results so they will need to go through them all in next two weeks really to be sending out results on time.

MA results aren't due till Easter so they will have done summer school before then I would think.

• Like 2

Last year results came out 1st Feb. They've said 1st march this year so still before finals?

Edited by Balletmummy55

Last year it was after the finals so would think the same this year

I don't think they were sent after finals last year - summer school results were sent out on the same day as results for prelims for us, the emails came within minutes of each other!

• Like 1

I was just wondering as someone said they put 'from' the 1st, rather than 'on' or 'by' the 1st... Maybe I'm reading too much into this ;)

3rd & 4th for girls final so I wondered if they would look at the girls there again, and then maybe offer SS to some of the ones they weren't taking to WL

• Like 1

This is on their official site:  The deadline for online applications is 5pm (GMT) on Friday 20 January 2017. Results will be communicated via email, approximately four weeks after this.

This was on their FB site:  This year we received a record of 2694 applications for 632 spaces on our Summer Programme.

We hope to extend offers from 1 March.

• Like 2

Today RBS have announced "Due to the high volume of Summer School applications we've received this year, offers for successful applicants will be sent out in early March.

Thank you to all applicants for your patience."

I wonder if this year they are waiting until after finals?

Edited by Balletmummy55
  • Like 2

Not sure they have asked WL students if they wish to attend yet, they automatically get a place if they wish to go, well that use to be what happened.

I know, my dd really wants to do a summer school again this year but because she was lucky enough to do the WL SS last year, we're not expecting to be so lucky again. But I just don't want to book another ... just in case! Sure the other SS are going to be full soon tho but suppose could be matter of only another 1 or 2 more weeks of refreshing my emails! xx fingers crossed there's places left elsewhere xx

• Like 1

Not sure they have asked WL students if they wish to attend yet, they automatically get a place if they wish to go, well that use to be what happened.

WL students had to apply the same time as everyone else, however they have had their places confirmed now.

Do SA's get a place automatically, I don't think they do but thought I'd ask?

No they don't :( (in fact, in our past experience, very few get a place) :angry:

WL students had to apply the same time as everyone else, however they have had their places confirmed now.

Does that mean we (as in someone) know how many places are left up for grabs?

How do you think they make their decisions? Is it mainly on the physique or is the Grade you are at. Or if mainly aimed at international students as a good chance for them to see those who otherwise would not get there. cupcake would they have known your DD had WL so not much point her going to SS as well. Wonder how it all works behind the scenes!!

• Like 1

How do you think they make their decisions? Is it mainly on the physique or is the Grade you are at. Or if mainly aimed at international students as a good chance for them to see those who otherwise would not get there. cupcake would they have known your DD had WL so not much point her going to SS as well. Wonder how it all works behind the scenes!!

A couple of thousand applicants - 5 photos per applicant - I doubt that they spend long pondering each photo! Just imagine the thousands of man hours that are collectively spent taking all of those photos, the number of developpe shots binned and re-taken, the worrying we do over tiny details …………. and they probably average no more than a second per photo looking at most of them  :wacko:

• Like 1

Well last year the result for the SS was emailed at the same day as the results of the prelims ..so at that point no decisions had been made I think. She is very much in the minority not having done the SS!! Most of her class have! This year she will be doing it but we do chuckle that in order for her to experience the SS she has had to attend the school itself!!..such is the weird world of ballet !

• Like 3

I reckon the selective waiting list for WL must be as long as The Great Wall of China, as there seems to be that many on it every year.