Royal Ballet School SS

Mouseys mum

Thanks Newdancermum & good luck to your dd too. It does feel very early to be thinking about Summer doesn't it. The first week of the Masters of Ballet might work for us as an alternative if I can find some reasonable accommodation either nearby or within commuting distance.. now off to look at the requirements for the video audition

I might have miss read but I thought Masters was two weeks without a one week option.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After several years on the wait list, my daughter still wants to apply, so I filled out the application last night. They don't ask for their height and weight anymore, had out the measuring tape and all lol!  I guess they can tell from the photos if the dancer has the proportions they look for and the height doesn't matter? Or did I miss them somehow!?

Anyway, we know it is a long shot and are very lucky she has a full scholarship to a Dublin intensive this summer, good luck to all the girls that are applying!

Advice sought....DD been wait listed for WL SS last 2 years so wanting to apply with the hope of 3rd time lucky! Trouble is, I was ill over Xmas & didn't get round to taking photos....she has now done them on phone with a friend (boarding ) & sent to me but they are not doing her justice at all (or her teachers!) and contradict her distinctions in major exams too. Her physique shows fine but I really do expect that 13/14 year olds need to look spot on technique-wise too to get selected....esp as this year they are encouraging full time White Lodgers to apply!

Deadline 5pm tomorrow so no chance to get photos re-done...really troubled as pretty sure these photos will mean the no pile when actually she shows potential this year more than any before.....I am also having computer nightmare which means not able to upload even if I wanted too - aghhhHH. Maybe fate is saying save £25? & also telling me to get more organized with timings in future :-)

• Like 2

Could she re-take them with an older student helping rather than someone from her year group.

Can her dance teacher help her after school today or tomorrow during the day if dd could take an hour off school for an 'appointment'?

Seems a shame not to apply with the best photos when she has been so close before.

Hi, Some good suggestions. However, the application process closes at 5pm today!! EEK. 

Wow! That's a huge number of applicants, and each one submitted 5 photographs, that is a lot of pics to look at, think it will take Mr Annear sometime!! Good luck to everyone, any dc that gets a place has done very well indeed!!

Edited for spelling mistake

Edited by wildflowers
  • Like 1

According to their Instagram post today, that's all for summer school taxi4ballet!! More applicants but lots more places too tho! Approx a 1 in 4 chance isn't too bad an odds. Not sure what it was last year.

Edited for typo

Edited by Balletmummy55

Last year was 1600something applications but the deadline was in December. This year everyting is shifted ahead. Good luck to all of us  ;) !!

Odds are definitely better then this year! Expecting a longer wait for results though as they have lots more applications to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just seen that upper school results are coming out today, so I would guess they aren't going to be turning to summer school applications until that was all done. They will have been very busy with the lower school auditions then results, then the upper school auditions and results. I can imagine now they will turn their attention to the summer school. They did say 1 March for results so they will need to go through them all in next two weeks really to be sending out results on time.

MA results aren't due till Easter so they will have done summer school before then I would think.

• Like 2