Very small local dance companies?

Gingerbread

Is there a database or list of not well known companies? My DD wants to "step off the rollercoaster " to quote another lovely thread I've been reading. She's looking to head into another career altogether. However, she would love the opportunity to still perform - part time for fun really. I have a feeling this idea is a bit "having your cake and eating it" but does anyone think it's at all feasible?

I know she could still do workshops and master classes and so on but it's the performance aspect she wants to continue with on an ad hoc basis - and not for any pay. Sort of like EYB or something but for over eighteens!

What does anyone think?

Where is she based? I thought there was a company in Colchester that did this sort of thing but can't find any info when googling.

Linn and Michelle are obviously involved in adult performance opportunities and post about it on the adult ballet thread.

• Like 2

I think the company you may be thinking of is Chelmsford Ballet. They sprang to mind for me too.

LinMM and Michelle are involved in the Alive Ballet Company, which I believe is based in London.

Thank you Janet. Knew it was somewhere in Essex!

• Like 2

Don't forget Duchy Ballet in Cornwall.  

There is also a Harlow Ballet Association.

Also, there is or at least was an elder company associated with Scottish Ballet 

Finally there are also the performance companies attached to ballet schools such as Manchester City Ballet and Ballet West.

I have written about all those companies in Terpsichore and should be glad to cover any more that subscribers to this website may bring to my attention.

• Like 3

Yes Janet the Alive Ballet Company is currently looking for additional dancers for both our classical company and also our Contemporary Company too.

The London Performance Company is also recruiting, follow the Facebook Link for details https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426938984196082/permalink/1832144807008829/

This is run by Lisa Marie Probert and she can be contacted by email at strengthgraceballet@gmail.com

• Like 1

I think all the performing Groups I know of have already been mentioned here.

Your DD might want to check websites to see what they are planning to perform in 2017 before making a decision to see what she fancies.

Alive are doing Paquita in July and repeating the John Taverner ( the protecting veil) piece which Rejane Choreographed. Am not sure if there's another piece as well.