New London-Oxford rail service

alison

As of yesterday, Chiltern Trains are running a service from London Marylebone to Oxford

https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/london-oxford

It claims to take you to "the heart" of Oxford, though as I recall the station is quite a way out of the city centre.  I'm sure I shall carry on using the Oxford Tube coach service, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's of use to people travelling to performances at the theatre there as an addition to the service from Paddington.

• Like 2

Thanks for this Alison, I hadn't seen it.

A new train station opened at Oxford a year ago (Oxford Parkway) and Chiltern have been operating trains there to Marylebone via Bicester for the past year, convenient perhaps for those driving into Oxford to catch the train as Oxford Parkway station is a way out of the centre.

Oxford Central is only a ten minute walk from the town centre and its really interesting that Chiltern are now operating a service from there as well and thus offering a choice of Paddington or Marylebone with different train companies. Hopefully it will make some of the trains a little less congested.

• Like 1