solo feedback

anondancer_15

• 1 month later...

another update i guess for the sake of it - i heard back from laban today and haven't got in so i'm either staying at uni or finding something else entirely i guess. thank you for all your support here :)

Sorry to hear you have not got what you wanted yet, but I'm sure there is something out there for you. Have you spoken to your uni careers adviser? I think it's also possible to see one at a uni near to your home under reciprocal arrangement agreements if that is easier for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear than anondancer_15 but I hope you find some other avenue for your undoubted talent, enthusiasm and perseverance. What I have always said to my DD, who I think is about your age, is that whatever happens i never want her to look back in life and think "If only I'd tried...". It's better to have loved and lost.....when one door closes another one opens... 

I suspect that if you hadn't reapplied this year you would have forever been wondering whether things could have been different, and you would probably have struggled to fully commit yourself to your current course (or whatever alternative you might opt for.) This must be a dreadful disappointment, but try to take something positive from it. One road may have been denied to you, but there will be another one, that may well work out better for you in the long run. Stay positive, you've clearly got a lot of excellent attributes.

• Like 10

sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope you will concentrate on getting the most out of your degree course. There are still various routes you can take into a performing or teaching career. You can still audition for dance jobs after graduation - especially if you are not set on a particular style like ballet or contemporary. Most dancers seem to have portfolio careers and do a mixture of panto, touring companies, cruise ships, contracts abroad and uk.  You will also be able to apply for post grad courses that require the degree for entry - many of these are actually placements with a dance company.  Going into vocational training is still only early stages for a career as a dancer and you still have plenty of routes and options open to you. And as others have mentioned, teaching is still a viable option. Keep up the hard work, determination and enthusiasm and I am sure you will get there

• Like 3