Spartacus in Munich - casting. Help please!

Does anyone have any knowledge or indeed confident predictions about the casting of this after the opening (sold out) and second nights?

We would love to go and see Osiel Gouneo / Sergei Polunin / Natalia Osipova / et al, but after weeks of hovering over the future casting info on the Bavarian Star Ballet's site (https://www.staatsoper.de/en/staatsballett/productioninfo/spartacus.html) I am none the wiser about when/if this cast will reappear.

I am hesitant about booking flights on spec...!

At the moment, they publish their casting for normal performances (not premieres) on very short notice, sometimes less than one week before. The Bavarian State Opera has a forum where you get answers from the press offices of opera and ballet very quickly, try "Kundenservice" which means customer service, and don't hesitate to ask your question in English. Or phone the press office - if they can't help you, they can at least press the director to come forward with the casting.

• Like 1

I think it's important that you let them know that in Munich - I'm sure they are happy about visitors from all over the world, after all Zelensky wants a world famous company. But therefore, of course, they must improve their casting updates. Still, the new company is only three months old, I'm sure they are working on that.

• Like 3

Well, I have sent this off : 

"Guten Abend!

Seit Wochen warte ich darauf, dass ich meinen Flug nach München buchen kann, denn ich will den Spartakus sehen, aber wie und wann werde ich herausfinden, wer nach den ersten beiden Verführungen mittanzt? 

Es ist ja frustrierend.... die Zeit vergeht… Kann mir eine® von Ihnen bitte helfen? 

Mit besten Grüssen von einem Ballettfan (und München-Fan) aus London, 

Simon Fisher."

and will await developments!

Thank you for your thoughts on this : it IS frustrating, because cheap flights are not easy to find, especially if it is fairly last-minute-y.

Edited by simonbfisher
  • Like 2

Well, I have sent this off : 

"Guten Abend!

Seit Wochen warte ich darauf, dass ich meinen Flug nach München buchen kann, denn ich will den Spartakus sehen, aber wie und wann werde ich herausfinden, wer nach den ersten beiden Verführungen mittanzt? 

Es ist ja frustrierend.... die Zeit vergeht… Kann mir eine® von Ihnen bitte helfen? 

Mit besten Grüssen von einem Ballettfan (und München-Fan) aus London, 

Simon Fisher."

and will await developments!

Thank you for your thoughts on this : it IS frustrating, because cheap flights are not easy to find, especially if it is fairly last-minute-y.

Thank you, Simon on behalf of everyone who is interested in the Munich casting.

• Like 1

I had three very courteous and sympathetic replies from various arms of the Staatsballett to my query/plea : they boil down in essence to this : 

Das Recht der Besetzung hat im Falle dieser Neueinstudierung ausschließlich Yuri Grigorovich, der diese persönlich in der Woche vor der Premiere fixieren wird. Aus diesem Grund ist es uns bisher leider nicht möglich, Daten herauszugeben.Bisher ist nur weiter bestätigt, dass auch am 25. Dezember Sergei Polunin, Natalia Osipova und Osiel Gouneo tanzen werden. Weitere Termine für unsere beiden Gäste sind nicht geplant, sollten Sie auch deshalb angefragt haben. 

That is to say - Polunin/Osipova/Gouneo will be dancing on 25th Dec in addition to already announced (and sold out) 22nd Dec, but no further slots for the guests (i.e. Polunin/Osipova) are planned. As for the other castings, it is all in the hands of Mr Grigorovich, who will give the matter his personal attention in the week before the premiere.

• Like 3

Whoops! I have just noticed that in my email to the Staatsballett the autocorrect, instead of "the first two performances" wrote "the first two seductions".... well, given the casts maybe that is not so far adrift! :D

Stuttgart Ballet will perform a quadruple bill in February/ March that bears exactly that title ... "Seduction" ;)     https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/schedule/2017-02-03/seduction/

• Like 1