Private Ballet Coaching

balletmum13

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any private Ballet teachers located near the Watford area or in London?

I am interested for my 14 year old dd to take some private lessons in preparation for auditions and for technique etc.

How often would you recommend lessons to be on top of regular dance classes and weekly associates all day Saturday?

Thank you.

My girls who are just starting out have a great teacher  who teaches ISTD Imperial. She used to teach an adult class I went to and I ended up sending my girls to her because I like the focus on technique.  They essentially share a private class (it's good for my older daughter who needs to build her confidence in general). Send me a message directly if you'd like me to pass on her details. My girls take a class in NW London but teacher is based up in Hertfordshire.

One thing I would say is that she would want to be sure your daughter's regular school is happy for her to be taking classes with another teacher first.

• Like 1

Does her regular dance teacher not offer private coaching or are you after a different opinion?

I see my regular private lesson students once a week for an hour although some ask to increase that if they have an exam coming up. Its good to keep reminding yourself what you want to gain from the private coaching, and keep discussing with the teacher. One of my students has always had syllabus private lessons to fine tune the details and really boost her confidence, however we've scrapped them as the focus this year is auditions so we are doing more free work to work on her presentation and technique.