Places to eat near Sadler's Wells

toursenlair

thanks, Janet.

I may try Cafe Pistou myself, but I have found it is too easy to lose people on 10 minute strolls!

It does look awfully nice, though,and I would never have found it by myself. Do you think it's big enough to handle a group of 25?

Edited by toursenlair

I had an excellent meal in Miz en Bouche in St John St.  They do a pre theatre menu, but I can't remember how much it was. 

Moro is pricy, not the place for a quick meal.  It is lovely though (or it was the last time I went, several years ago.)

I don't know Miz en Bouche - how far down is it?  (It's not the one which used to be an Italian restaurant with an open courtyard, I suppose?)

It is not that far down, Alison.  A very short walk.

I don't know what it used to be before.  It is quite small, and it may have an open courtyard at the back.  I went last winter, so I didn't  look outside, but I have a vague memory of what might have been french doors at the back.   

• 1 month later...

The trouble with Exmouth Market is that I don't think people generally realise it's there, or what there is there.  Over the years, I've seen various branches of chains set up there, and eventually close.  I suspect many of them do good enough business on weekdays, but evenings and weekends do appear to be a struggle :(