Have we had an alien invasion when I wasn't looking?

r3dh3d

Well, I see I was right ;)

Uncanny.  

My worry now is that not even The Donald is going to get through the entire UK back stock of hair pins on his own.  This must be the prelude to global takeover by an army of bewigged Trumpclones.  

In other news, I found an old stash of hairpins in a makeup bag while looking for something else, so at least Saturday's festival is a go, even if The End of the World is Nigh.

• Like 3

...anywhere in the car or house...the hoover normally finds them for me, hence I need to buy them quite frequently. Don't usually have issues with finding/buying hairpins but never can find light brown bun nets!!

Edited by TBG

..... in the shower tray - and more disgustingly in the waste pipe when it clogs - major YUCK!!!  And these one's are definitely not re-usable!

(DD has a lot of hair so even after brushing hairpins can remain in the 'mass', only coming free when she washes her hair!)

• Like 1

Over the years, far too many of DD's hairpins have ended up in the motor of our washing machines and vacuum cleaners with at times very expensive results!

And yes...you are not alone with the shower problem ballettaxi. DD tells me that there has been an issue of that nature at school recently - imagine a shower that is used every day by half a dozen dancers...... Yuck!

• Like 3

(DD has a lot of hair so even after brushing hairpins can remain in the 'mass', only coming free when she washes her hair!)

Oh yes, that's a struggle! I'll never forget the time I woke up in the middle of the night because a hair pin was poking me in the neck a whole day after a class...

• Like 2

I think I may be responsible for the Northern Hemisphere's hair pin shortage( fair only) as I opened a little used drawer yesterday and found 12 bun nets and 5 boxes of 100 hair pins.  Didn't even know they were there and have been buying more as they are hoovered up on a daily basis!   Sorry guys !!  :rolleyes:

• Like 7

I bought the just ballet pins last week and they honestly are amazing. It now takes me less time to do my bun not having to fuss with loads of pins as these are so strong you only need a few to hold your hair in place(and I have a lot of hair!)

Don't often visit Asda but wanted to replace a French roll pin we found in one years ago. They had a variety of differing colour split pins, didn't look flimsy and nets.

I have to ask, what is a French roll pin? All kinds of answers come to mind but I'm sure none of them are correct! Is their a special kind of pin for a French roll?

Also known as a French twist. Older girls will do a French twist as not so much strain in hair. Also more senior vocational students will be required to have hair in this style for some performances or assessment classes.

I hadn't come across Geisha pins but they do look ideal as long split pins poke out the other side of roll.

I was looking for a large, thick fixer that goes from top of roll through hair to hold style place. They didn't have any.