That Moment....

I remember cases of people turning up for evening performances at the Royal Opera House when they had a matinee ticket, things like that.  On at least one occasion, the ROH were very good and found them some seats anyway :)

• Like 1

I did show up once for a talk given by a local celebrity, clutching my book for signing, only to be told I was a whole week early!

The people at the venue were very helpful and even said I was welcome to stay for the event being held that night. Perhaps they needed to make up numbers. When I did return on the correct date, the celebrity talk was one of the most bizarre things I have ever been to. At least he signed my book though.

• Like 3

This brought back a funny memory - a few years ago  I turned up at the Barbican a year early !! It took a while wandering around to the different spaces there before I sat down and looked at my ticket :(

• Like 8

This brought back a funny memory - a few years ago  I turned up at the Barbican a year early !! It took a while wandering around to the different spaces there before I sat down and looked at my ticket :(

Now that's what I call 'forward guidance' .... :) .... and at least you ... unlike the current Governor of the Bank of England ... followed through on it.  :)   

Well done!

• Like 1

I used to usher at the National Theatre and my heart always to used to break a bit during the nightly ritual of customers who'd stroll in at 19:25 to see The History Boys (sold out for months) and breaking it to them that they were in the wrong theatre, that it had transferred to the Wyndham's and they'd have to find a cab or leg it to Leicester Sq knowing full well they'd never make it... :/