Moorland

Armydancer

No personal experience of the school however I do have at a personal knowledge of DDI and DDE. The qualifications on offer at 6th form level, these are not performance qualifications but focused towards a teacher training qualification. Therefore may lack the contacts in the industry for graduates if focused on performing. 

Obviously nothing will prevent any graduate from any school auditioning for a performing career.

Moorland School doesn't offer a Dip or BA in performance unlike other vocational schools. No DaDa and/or other funding probably available either as it appears to be a Private School. But that is obviously a personal issue for each family. 

It just all depends on your childs' focus and chosen career path.  

The choice out there is overwhelming as there don't appear like for like schools to compare. Not even ENBS to RBS offer the same qualification.

Moorlands is relatively new and is run by a lovely husband and wife team who were both dancers with Northern ballet. They have industry contacts and previous dancers have classical contracts - not many as small and new. One lovely young lady has just started a classical contract at a very prestigious Russian company. My mum has just had a girl start there in 6th form and she was offered a generous scholarship. Worth looking at and seeing for yourself.

• Like 2

Balletbean thanks for the information. It's all very confusing my DS only started Ballet a year ago and we are looking now looking at vocational school for him. He is an associate at elmhurst, BBO and MIDAS. So really enjoys ballet and is really good. He has auditions at Tring, Elmhurst and Hammond. I was just looking at others.

Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

Moorlands is a lovely vocational school with fantastic teaching staff. My dd was in a very fortunate place to be offered a sixth form place there to start this September. We were very fortunate to have more than one offer for sixth form place which was totally unexpected and overwhelming. We didn't take up the place at Moorlands in the end but cannot praise it enough. The audition experience was lovely, the students and staff were all approachable and informative and I would definitely recommend applying there.