Bob Dylan award.

Vonrothbart

Well about time too I say,  Bob Dylan being awarded The Nobel Prize for Literature. They will still be singing his praises for his songwriting and poetry, in 200 years or more. I have been a fan since his early days, and although he went down some rocky roads from time to time, recovered to produce some amazing material. I have been on the front row of scores of his gigs over the years, and it's incredible how night on night can be so different. Well done I say, and certainly well deserved. 

• Like 3

I agree Vonrothbart.....I have long said that he is a real poet. I love his lyrics; they are magical, and rich with meaning and beautiful allusion. They can also be brutally honest and down to earth, as in his brilliant album Blood On The Tracks, about the breakup of his marriage. Many is the time I have just read the words to Mr Tambourine Man and found myself transported to a different time and place, and thinking hard about the imagery he invokes through the lyric. The same goes for Hard Rain's Gonna Fall. For me, they stand alone as poetry as well as merely the words to music. Congratulations Mr Dylan!

• Like 3

I just love his songs!!

Very nearly failed my A levels from listening to his songs and writing all the words down in my "Bob Dylan"book instead of doing my proper homework!!

It infuriated my parents that at 8 o clock on a Sunday evening I'd suddenly have all this homework todo which they assumed I'd been working on before ....instead I'd been immersing myself in Dylan!

• Like 2

I agree Vonrothbart.....I have long said that he is a real poet. I love his lyrics; they are magical, and rich with meaning and beautiful allusion. They can also be brutally honest and down to earth, as in his brilliant album Blood On The Tracks, about the breakup of his marriage. Many is the time I have just read the words to Mr Tambourine Man and found myself transported to a different time and place, and thinking hard about the imagery he invokes through the lyric. The same goes for Hard Rain's Gonna Fall. For me, they stand alone as poetry as well as merely the words to music. Congratulations Mr Dylan!

i agree sim, "Blood on the Tracks" was a classic, and maybe surprisingly to some, a few of  his recent albums are gems.

• Like 1