Royal Summer School 2017 - four week programme this year

amos73

Thank you, I had no idea so many applications were submitted every year. 

And yes it would be interesting to know how they can tell from a few pics of who should or more likely, should not be offered a place. 

Good Luck to everyone that has applied this year.  :)

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year’s rejection email (well, wait list!) said they’d had over 1680 applicants for 350 places, but no idea of the age breakdown. They are grouped by age. Students aged 14-15 are only eligible for the 2 week White Lodge course. Lots of info on the website http://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/train/summer-programme/white-lodge/

£42000 + income just from summer school applications, most of which are unsuccessful, and with email no postage costs for all those rejections..........

I wonder how much time is spent looking at all those photos, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, I've bought my ticket for that particular 'lottery' in the past too, got to be in it to win it, right, not having a dig, just pondering.....

• Like 8

Not 'professional' as in taken by a professional photographer, but it is best if you take them and her dance teacher helps with positioning and chooses the best shots from the ones you have taken. It is also a good idea to take the photos while kneeling or sitting down, you then get a better angle.

• Like 2