The C word... sorry! (2016)

r3dh3d

A little premature I know, but this just popped up on my Facebook feed.

https://teechip.com/dancer-chistmas02#id=12&c=15380E&sid=gildan-sweatshirt-crew&s=front

0b2a0852d37e224a24a68b7fd182dc10.jpg

I am not really a Christmas jumper person but I know we will be having a Christmas jumper day at work so when this appeared, I thought I could just about bear a ballet one! But I would rather shop locally - anyone know of anywhere in the UK that sells something like this? Or something Just Ballet could get for us if there were a few of us interested?! When trying to find somewhere in the UK I came across an even better one no longer available. Any ideas?!

055baa70c920e626f785e8f528bd5136.jpg

Sorry about the huge picture - it wouldn't copy the little one and I am not a tech whizz!

Edited by FullContretemps

• 3 weeks later...

On the general Christmassy theme, I noticed our local B&Ms had a lot of Nutcracker Christmas decorations in - some big ones and smaller ones for on the tree. I don't suppose they are top quality but they look quite sweet and are not expensive. (Not sure if B&M is a national chain but there are certainly plenty of stores across the north of England.)

• Like 1

Hello,

Hope this is ok to post here, moderators pl remove me if not!!

I make and sell printed chiffon ballet skirts, I have 3 dd's, 2 of whom are in full time training, I started making skirts for them, then their friends, then friends of friends and so Dance with Your Heart Ballet Skirts was born!  The skirts are wrap around with a slight elasticated ribbon and would make  an ideal Christmas present for the young dancer! 

If  this may be of interest then please follow this link https://www.facebook.com/DanceWYHeart/ to my facebook page.   I don't have a website yet, still work in (very slow!) progress, so if you don't have access to facebook then please do email me ( address below) and I am happy to send pictures of fabrics available. I have stock all ready for Christmas delivery and to ballet co members, free P&P :)

If anyone is in the Birmingham area then I will be at Elmhurst Christmas fair this Saturday 3rd December which runs from 9.30am - 12.30pm.

Many thanks, now fingers crossed the signature has worked!!

Edited to add - yay, it did!

Edited by DWYHBalletSkirts
  • Like 4

Hello,

Hope this is ok to post here, moderators pl remove me if not!!

I make and sell printed chiffon ballet skirts, I have 3 dd's, 2 of whom are in full time training, I started making skirts for them, then their friends, then friends of friends and so Dance with Your Heart Ballet Skirts was born!  The skirts are wrap around with a slight elasticated ribbon and would make  an ideal Christmas present for the young dancer! 

If  this may be of interest then please follow this link https://www.facebook.com/DanceWYHeart/ to my facebook page.   I don't have a website yet, still work in (very slow!) progress, so if you don't have access to facebook then please do email me ( address below) and I am happy to send pictures of fabrics available. I have stock all ready for Christmas delivery and to ballet co members, free P&P :)

If anyone is in the Birmingham area then I will be at Elmhurst Christmas fair this Saturday 3rd December which runs from 9.30am - 12.30pm.

Many thanks, now fingers crossed the signature has worked!!

Edited to add - yay, it did!

Perfect, I've just emailed you at DWYH...........   :) with several typos and poor Grammar, oops.  :o

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

A little premature I know, but this just popped up on my Facebook feed.

https://teechip.com/dancer-chistmas02#id=12&c=15380E&sid=gildan-sweatshirt-crew&s=front

0b2a0852d37e224a24a68b7fd182dc10.jpg

I am not really a Christmas jumper person but I know we will be having a Christmas jumper day at work so when this appeared, I thought I could just about bear a ballet one! But I would rather shop locally - anyone know of anywhere in the UK that sells something like this? Or something Just Ballet could get for us if there were a few of us interested?! When trying to find somewhere in the UK I came across an even better one no longer available. Any ideas?!

055baa70c920e626f785e8f528bd5136.jpg

Sorry about the huge picture - it wouldn't copy the little one and I am not a tech whizz!

There's also a lovely one with "be nice to your dance teacher" logo on the sweater.on the main website  :D .  

• Like 1

I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I am also after ideas for my ballet-obsessed DD.  I was wondering if anyone's DC has signed up to be an ENB Ballet Buddy?  Is it worth it?  Also is anyone a Friend of the Royal Ballet School and again, is it worth the annual fee?  I thought it might be a good way for my DD to gain an insight into the ENB and RBS, as both offer open days etc.

Morning all;  Update

I saw the post from DWYH on the 29th Nov.  

Having never heard of the business before but trust BalletcoForum.

I ordered a skirt late last week, fantastic service, beautiful fabric in colour/ quality and delivered promptly. Thank you

Would totally recommend the skirts for any budding ballerinas. 

Seasons greetings one and all  :wub:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am so frustrated as a mum of a boy who dances try finding gifts for boys there is literally nothing even if you find something it usually has a female dancer on it. There are no clothes for boys even RAD only had 1 t-shirt and that's out of stock. I know there are so many more girls that dance but that's changing boys dance is really growing. There is a boys range in the US but the postage is ridiculous I'm now considering designing my own range!!

• Like 6

I can totally sympathise with you over your frustrations. I had similar experience for my son growing up as he was passionate about horses!! All publication and clothing was geared towards the girls. Even though there are more boys that work professionally within the Equine industry.

Definitely worth an entrepreneur moment. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I am so frustrated as a mum of a boy who dances try finding gifts for boys there is literally nothing even if you find something it usually has a female dancer on it. There are no clothes for boys even RAD only had 1 t-shirt and that's out of stock. I know there are so many more girls that dance but that's changing boys dance is really growing. There is a boys range in the US but the postage is ridiculous I'm now considering designing my own range!!

This has been a real frustration for me (and I'm sure most mums of dancing boys). I was so shocked when I went to London a couple of weeks ago and I went into every dance shop I could think of - dancia, Bloch, capezio, freed, Sanchez - looking for mens dance wear. Bloch had nothing, capezio had a 1 foot rail, when I asked if they had an all in one for a man she said yes, it's a leotard though.... in who's world is that an all in one? Freed, just tiny amount of RAD uniform, Dancia a 1 foot rail with nothing on it! My only option is to order online and the choice is dire. I find it amazing that London has no dance wear for men. There are so many boys dancing now it's about time someone brought out a better range for them. No wonder my son wears sports wear as much as possible, at least it's a bit different and has some colour.

• Like 2

I've been really disappointed too after trying to find dance wear & ballet related gifts for my DS this Christmas !! Especially after years of keeping his ballet/dance classes 'a bit quiet' for fear of being bullied - he's now reached an age where he's not worried by that & is so proud to be training in dance ......would have been nice to find some gifts to reflect that - but there is very little out there !!

All I wanted was a pair of warm-ups, but could Dancia, Sansha, or Bloch World help? So I went to JD Sports - like a man. Adidas trackies, indestructible and you can wear them in the pub without anyone looking at you funny too.

• Like 2

I have bought  three 'all in ones' and warm up leggings, over the years for my now non-DS, from FaB Dance Knitwear. Pricey but lovely and all made to order so time needed to allow them to be made and for them to make their way over from Portugal. There are great colours to choose from and they wash well.

http://www.fab-knitwear.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FaB-Dance-Knitwear-240351335847/

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to The C word... sorry! (2016)