Happymum

Tring auditions for 2017 entry

2 years ago for upper school finals it was 3 separate finals about 15 Dc in each one. So 45 to 50 for upper school funding finals for 8 DADA's.x

She normalny attends every preliminary and final auditions (exceptional circumstances stopped her from attending upper school preliminaries this year).

For the old forum members who've been following us for years and even though it's not ballet, I'm very proud to say that DD3 has been offered a place at Tring for 6th Form Acting Course! :-)

Edited by afab
  • Like 14

Congratulations to your daughter Afab! Does that come with a boarding place?

• Like 1

Congratulations to your daughter Afab! Does that come with a boarding place?

Thank you kindly. Waiting list for boarding but they said it's generally sorted by the summer. Funding is more of a problem if anyone has an idea how to get some...

I think that's the million dollar question!!! We would all love to know how to get our hands on funding Congratulations to your Dd.

We have also been offered a place and finals... but my concern is after finals will there be any spaces left or will those that can afford to pay have taken all the slots... just when I thought the worrying was getting less!!

• Like 1

Does anybody know the ratio of acceptance at Tring for 6th form?

It would certainly be interesting to know how many places they offer - the head told me they only had approximately 18 places for sixth form dance (the rest being taken by current year 11's) and it would seem a lot more than 18 offers have been made!

I suppose Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre pupils are together for their academic studies. When we visited the school, the dorms weren't that big. Maybe enough room for about 50 kids all together at most...

How odd the current 2nd year of sixth-form dance has about 50 in it! Maybe they are downsizing.x

Possibly due to not having DaDa for this year's entrants and all funding coming from school scholarships?

There are no way near 50 dance students in current 6:1, 25-30, split into 2 streams. I will check later for confirmation. Lots more in the year as a whole due to drama and MT students.

There are 20 possibly 21 on dance course in 6:1 currently. 3 of those came from lower school. So no different to what they are proposing to take in this year, depending how many lower school stay.

• Like 1

I only said 50 in 6.2 as DD got 2 friends in that year. Regarding accommodation 2 years ago we were told she had to live on site even though I had family she could live with 20mins away. Accommodation was around £10,500 and even with Dada maintenance grant we would still have had to find £7000 a year. Which we couldnt do. Where she is training, after full Dada and maintenance grant we only have to find £3000 a year. I think it is more at Tring as they have been doing a lot of work on accommodation etc a couple of years ago. I hope they are not doing their final first this year and charging £650 non refundable deposit to hold your place for more than 7 days, this was what they did 2 years ago.x

Deposit & registration fee required for this year to secure your place required is £2250 . £1000 of that is deducted from 1st terms fees and £1000 refunded at end of 3 year course .

That's less staying in from lower school than I would have imagined, but I guess funding comes into it for everyone

Many different reasons for moving on. There were only 10 dancers in 5th form. 2 stopped dancing, one moved courses within Tring, 4 continued dancing elsewhere. Anyone in an MDS was allowed to carry it into 6th form.

Tring funding final is after Central and RBS but 12 days before ENBS and 16 days before Elmhurst.

The issue of the £650 deposit within 7 days could be an issue for some.

The letter says if you are offered a scholarship after finals you will only have 2 weeks to accept it and pay the deposit - but doesn't say how much for the deposit so don't know if that will be the full £2250 or a reduced one. Might be some tough decisions for people to make when there are still finals to go elsewhere!

I think the head of dance is very keen to have students who choose Tring as their first choice and not as a second choice 'I've got nowhere else I better accept Tring'. Of course it won't be everyone's top choice and they should hang out for what they really want, luckily there are many schools to choose from.

• Like 1

If I remember well It's a similar 1,5h long ballet class plus flexibility check. After the class some children are asked to stay for 1-2-1 physio assessment (10-15 minutes long).

• Like 1

Has anyone had any details regarding the funding audition next week for lower School?

Before I ring and check I'm not missing something

Thanks

C