Where to download classical variation music

Does anybody know a good website where you can download a variety of classical variations. Have tried I tunes for a couple but they're all just the orchestral parts which are way too fast to dance to

You can also download a converter for youtube to MP3 and then there are a few downloads which can edit the music (slowing,speeding, cutting etc).  When you've saved them you can put them on a CD.  I don't think the speed matters desperately, because there is nothing to say that you have to dance them at a certain speed.  The Russians take everything super slow so I tend to avoid their versions!  When we're practising variations, we often connect their phones to the music centre and use the youtube version that suits each dancer.

• Like 1

Anaballerina, do you mind if I jump in on the post and ask a question. I am looking for a short piece of music for as Greek dance. I am looking for something light and uplifting and that possibly could have some choreography put to it that represented an aspect of nature. I dont have a clue where to start looking and my attempts at finding something via google have not been fruitful. Can anyone advise me please.

Not that this music covers classical variations but I came across this via twitter this morning.

Nate (Nathan) Fifield is the Assistant Music Director at Northern Ballet.  It is a joy listening to him playing for class and trying to work out which tunes he is playing...  He's released an album for class:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pop-hits-for-ballet-class/id1146195510

• Like 1

On the subject of itunes, there are often several different recordings available so it might be a case of typing in the track name and listening to five or six versions. Dd danced the Woodland Glade fairy from Sleeping Beauty a couple of years ago and although most of the recordings on itunes were by Russian conductors (very fast indeed), with a bit of patience we managed to find a version by the ROH Orchestra at the same speed as the RB version. If I remember there were at least 30 different recordings of Sleeping Beauty on itunes!

Sorry to go off-topic a little, but I always find when I hear a piece of music played in an orchestral concert which I primarily associate with being ballet music, with the inevitable faster speeds (especially for waltzes) than you would hear when accompanying dancers, my brain can't help but bring up mental images of dancers going at humanly impossible speeds!

• Like 2

Not SO long ago dancers did go at more break neck speeds.

When I used to watch Beauty in the mid 70's all the fairy variations were much faster than currently danced!

It is helpful to have slower versions when actually learning a piece though.