RAD Genee Dance Challenge

Anna C

Anyone doing this and/or the Performance Masterclasses which follow it?

My dd did the GDC last year and had a really lovely time. The RAD have just announced that they're extending the closing date for applications to 2nd July.

I've found that too. We usually choose the GDC as dd's school doesn't do any festivals so she rarely gets performance experience.

The LCB performance summer school that dd did last year is really early this year - possibly because of the Olympics - but it's so early this time that dd's academic school hasn't even broken up! :-((

So your daughter did the challenge but not the masterclass last year? Did you know anyone who did the masterclass, or do you know much about it? I'm just wondering how worthwhile the masterclass on its own would be as she doesn't have a solo for the challenge. (We could make one up ourselves between the end of term and the start of the challenge and practice it in the lounge, I guess...!!)

Yes, the solo for the GDC has to be choreographed by an RAD teacher.

They've never combined the GDC with the Performance Masterclass before, so I don't know anyone who's done that part of it. It's always been a separate RAD event before.

However, if the coaching for the Perf Masterclass is like the coaching at the GDC, it'll be well worth doing. The extra "polish" and performance that Jill Firth taught them last year was amazing.

• Like 1