sarahw

Thanks Alison. I need to talk to a parent of an older boy at gym - just easier to ask here as I feel I know everyone! !

It makes sense to use a normal jockstrap but then I couldn't decide why dancers don't anyway. Movements with gym must be similar to dance.....!!!

• 4 months later...

Gymnasts don't have to wear tights that *anything* will show underneath, though :)

I think that is part of the point of why the  dancebelt is generally  of the design it is;  a traditional  bare bottom  with leg straps jockstrap would have  terrible  ' VJL '  under tights or a unitard ,and  given that  increasingly  male cut leotards are tending towards the thong to reduce  the VPL effect. 

i also suspect that a  jock would dig in  far more  in certain movements/ postions  which are fairly common  in ballet  ...  outside  ballet / modern where else  do you find people  doing full plies  in second ?

• Like 1

I guess so although not convinced an upward facing bump is any better!!

there are limited options  if you  don;t want it to become a literal Nutcracker  ;-)... 

'swoop and scoop' upwards or a  'tuck'  as per  drag / trans  practice 

'compress'  or  'encapsulate and hold ' bit like sports bras ... 

It isn't that bad to wear, you hardly notice it under the tights, especially the Lycra ones

what are you  referring to there -   thong type dance bellt, full seat  dancebelt or a traditional jockstrap ? 

the reason a thong type dancebelt  doesn;t showe  it s becasue it;s designed not to  and why   people in 'nilla life  wear thong undies with clingy  trousers or skirts to avoid VPL...

• 10 months later...
On 06/02/2017 at 17:07, Nicola H said:

what are you  referring to there -   thong type dance bellt, full seat  dancebelt or a traditional jockstrap ? 

the reason a thong type dancebelt  doesn;t showe  it s becasue it;s designed not to  and why   people in 'nilla life  wear thong undies with clingy  trousers or skirts to avoid VPL...

I think they meant the thong dance belt as it doesn't show when worn with male tights and the lycra ones cover it even more

My Ds wears one from wear moi which are pricey but comfortable. When he was younger Capitzio in their London shop had American style that was more like pants with a added bit of support for the tummy muscles built in. It came in a boys and small mens size.x