Evening Standard The Progress 1000

I wonder how they define 'influential' for this list, and particularly in the case of the dancers rather than the choreographers/directors?  Is it seen as a function of public profile and social media presence, i.e. their capability to build awareness and draw people to performances?

• Like 2

I wonder how they define 'influential' for this list, and particularly in the case of the dancers rather than the choreographers/directors?  Is it seen as a function of public profile and social media presence, i.e. their capability to build awareness and draw people to performances?

These kind of lists tend to be arbitrary, outside of the government and Whitehall there are few people with any influence on peoples lives in general, certain journalists, media moguls, economists, financiers and social commentators perhaps, but not really anyone else.  I don't think any of the arts impact on the public, though undoubtedly popular culture does.

I imagine whoever serves as the Standard's dance critic now drew up the list and it's therefore pretty subjective, but who is a name in the world of dance is of little importance in the general scheme of things.

• Like 1

The ES is...well, just the ES.

A London free daily I grab on entry at a tube station, flick through and leave behind for the next bored-looking passenger. 

As Quintus said I'd like to know how those who contributed to this non-sensical list define "influential". 

• Like 1