Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

My DD also auditioned on 12th - for yr8, I am currently stalking the postman waiting for the letter - I have been instructed I am not allowed to open (also waiting for email from RBS from audition on 11th) not allowed to open that either just to forward onto DD!!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I went out when letter arrived so I couldn't open it. My husband opened it, resealed it and phoned me. I texted a frI end which my youngest dd saw a couple of months later and told DD - was all very funny after the event hence why I have had instructions this time....

Allnewtome don't give up, maybe look to increase high level ballet, easter intensive/summer schools/Christmas workshops. Associates? There is so much out there. She may already be doing these if so keep going. Realistically there may not be any places anyway, but the experience of audition itself is invaluable experience for next time. Xx

Has anyone got Elmhurst finals for Year 9 girls. I have a disappointed student so just wondering how many they took through ? Well done to all those with finals and as everyone here says, a no doesn't mean the end. Keep trying x

Another way to think Balletbrokemybank, is your son receiving high standard dance training at the associate programme with an excellent teacher and perhaps a live pianist? If the answer is yes and your son is enjoying these classes, then you are paying for a service that they are providing. Rather than Elmhurst taking your money, they are offering a place for your son who is good enough for their programme, remember there are so many children who could have that space, but your son has been awarded it. Good luck for his other audition ????

• Like 3

Have just told my Dd that it was a no from Elmhurst. Now wondering if we should even bother got my to WL audition. If it was a no from Elmhurst does she stand a chance at WL/ MA? Feeling a little dispondant.

Yes its a horrible feeling, especially watching your dd deal with a serious disappointment. Many of us who post on here have been where you are right now. It does pass. Don't stop believing and don't give up.

Don't be despondent, all the schools look for different things and I too know of DC who got yes from RBS but no from the others. It also depends on how they dance on the day too and this no might make your DC more determined. And no is often a 'not this time'.

Hi allnewtome,

Stay positive! The schools are all looking for different qualities in a dancer and I have heard several stories where a child has not been recalled to elmhurst finals and has secured a place at WL and MAs. There's no second guessing or predicting this particular art form! The most important attribute is having passion for it because it's not for the faint hearted! Best of luck to your dd.

• Like 1

Allnewtome ... YES ...definitely go to WL audition!! My dd got no for both Elmhurst finals and Tring funding audition... and then got offered a place at WL last year .. we only kept going after support from this forum and her ballet teacher! We have never really got over the shock !

• Like 6

Allnewtome the kids find it easier than we do. My daughter also got a no for Elmhurst last week (though her associate teacher did say today it's 'not yet') and was absolutely fine. We're waiting for tring results but she did get a yes from Hammond. Out of all she felt Elmhurst one had gone best but she had a feeling it would be a no. Her associate teacher has told her to work hard as she believes she has the potential to do extremely well, she's just unlucky in that her muscles/posture are quite immature (teachers description) and that in a year she'll be in a better position if she wants to try again. I thought the knock back would have made her a little sad but it's just made her more determined now. Me however, I'm worn out from the 800+ miles I've driven in the past two weeks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

1,5h long ballet class, including barre, adage, allegro, stretching. Physio assessment, tour around the school and boarding facilities. Not sure what the "parent/candidate discussion" is - some kind of interview I guess?

The atmosphere is always nice and the panel is very friendly

I think it's new this year as the last 2 years the only discussion my DD had was a couple of brief questions from the Physio along the lines of where else she'd auditioned and how long she'd been dancing. But doubt it's anything too onerous, it's a lovely friendly school and she loved both finals she attended there. Good luck to your DC next week

Edited by dancefanatic

BTW - last year at finals in the physio assessment they asked the kids which schools if any they had had offers from already. I don't of course know for sure how this info was used, but was interesting I thought ...

• Like 1