Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a no for my little one too. She had a feeling it would be. She absolutely loved the school last week and she wasn't expecting to at all. She is very good at ballet but her heart is definitely more towards musical theatre (though she did say she'd try again next year). We were at hammond yesterday and have tring auditions thur & Friday this week. Our letter did indicate they were happy to discuss how they could support her dance training, is this because she's an associate or is this on everyone's letter? I thought no feedback would be offered?

Good luck to those still waiting for results.

• Like 1

Congratulations to those with a yes and commiserations to those with a not yet xxx

A very surprised little girl opened her yes to yr 7 finals after school today (I admit I had opened the letter when it came earlier today and sellotaped it shut so she could have the experience of opening too ????) xxx

Good luck to all those dc and parents waiting to hear xxx

• Like 9

No we got:

"It is with regret that I must inform you that X has been unsuccessful...

I am sorry to have to communicate this disappointing news....

We regret no correspondence can be entered into regarding unsuccessful auditions. 

With my best wishes to x for the next stage of his studies."

I really have no problem with a no. They see hundreds of children and it is a cut throat world but I don't think they can have one rule for some and one rule for others. If they don't think he should be there (and the receipt of that letter rather than the positive one leads me to believe that) then they should just say so rather than leading us on a merry dance whilst taking our money (and time and effort) for the privilege.  

No we got:

We regret no correspondence can be entered into regarding unsuccessful auditions. 

I really have no problem with a no. They see hundreds of children and it is a cut throat world but I don't think they can have one rule for some and one rule for others. If they don't think he should be there (and the receipt of that letter rather than the positive one leads me to believe that) then they should just say so rather than leading us on a merry dance whilst taking our money (and time and effort) for the privilege.

I wonder whether this is an admin error... Maybe they sent you the wrong letter. As an extended associate I think you should go by the extended associate advice. Phone them up for a chat ;-) Just don't mention the letter!

I agree that it looks like an admin error - you have received an "ordinary no" letter instead of "associate no" letter. I think you can just ignore it and ask for the feedback.

I'm sorry it was a no this time.

Congratulations to all who got through to finals!

I'm sorry to read about your disappointment balletbrokemybank. I hope your DS bounces back quickly and continues to enjoy his dancing, whatever opportunities come his well. And I'm sure there will be opportunities to come. I can understand why you might be feeling disillusioned right now, but the fact he is an Elmhurst associate does demonstrate potential. All the top associate schemes are massively over subscribed - they don't take students on just to make up the numbers. In fact many talented dancers never get selected for such schemes so I am certain they will have seen something promising in your son. I would speak to the associate teacher and see what advice they can give you. Hope you both feel better soon. It's awful seeing your child so disappointed I know.

No we got:

Edited by Hambleton

My DD also auditioned on 12th - for yr8, I am currently stalking the postman waiting for the letter - I have been instructed I am not allowed to open (also waiting for email from RBS from audition on 11th) not allowed to open that either just to forward onto DD!!