The Power of Dance ..... a story of hope.

Ballet4Boyz

I would just like to say Thankyou to everyone for all your warm messages. They made me cry ..... but happy tears !!

Maybe a moment to reflect on the sad fact that some children aren't well enough to dance and how lucky we all are if we have healthy dancing children, but how with modern medicine - there is always hope !!

• Like 11

Ballet Boyz you and your son are truly inspirational. Having been on a similar journey with my son, we see and hear things that nobody should. We also see smiles,hope,love and encouragement all around those hospital walls. You all become one big extended family from many families from different backgrounds. Over the last few months I learnt so much from the travelling communities. Just wanted to say how I really understand your journey after my own son has nearly lost his own life on several occasions through meningitis, brain infarction stroke etc. I hope your son's future is filled with great happiness and success and you and your family can sit back and really relax free from all that worry xxxx

• Like 5

Ballet Boyz you and your son are truly inspirational. Having been on a similar journey with my son, we see and hear things that nobody should. We also see smiles,hope,love and encouragement all around those hospital walls. You all become one big extended family from many families from different backgrounds. Over the last few months I learnt so much from the travelling communities. Just wanted to say how I really understand your journey after my own son has nearly lost his own life on several occasions through meningitis, brain infarction stroke etc. I hope your son's future is filled with great happiness and success and you and your family can sit back and really relax free from all that worry xxxx

Best wishes to your son and all of you Primrose.

• Like 3

Thankyou, my son's journey is ongoing he has been left with several disabilities. He has spent 20 weeks in hospital so far over the last year however like your son he is a fighter as are we, we don't give up and we do so with a smile on our faces and hope in our hearts. Ballet4Boyz your son has done so so well. I can also relate to your oncologist, my son had a neurologist who looked after him from new born, he also became a friend and followed my husbands military career with great interest. He retired two years ago and we really miss him. Doctors, nurses and all the other staff including the cleaners are so caring to our children. Two cleaners even put money in my son's recent 18th birthday card whilst he was in hospital.

• Like 5

Oh bless him, what a fight he's having, as you all are ! As parents ..... when our children really need us..... the strength just comes, doesn't it !! I really hope he is starting to improve health wise, despite the difficulties he's been left with. You sound very strong Primrose, although you probably don't feel it at times. I hope you find small pockets of time to look after your own well-being & health, it's so easy to overlook this when your child has a prolonged illness. The small things, that make life seem 'normal' even when they are not, used to be a tonic for me. Look after yourself as well as your son & I really hope things get better for you all. Xxx

• Like 3

What a lot you, your family & your DS have been through Ballet4Boyz. I cried reading your story. What amazing resilience you have all shown to be at a point where your DS is about to embark on a new adventure. I hope it is everything he wishes it to be and that you all enjoy the ride. xx

• Like 1

When my daughter was in her second year at Central, her brother was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. It was an horrendous time, but our daughter would come home every weekend to support her brother and me and her father. She was amazing. Last year she started Nothern graduate programme and unbelievably in February her father was diagnosed with stage three cancer. She struggled and moved back home, commuting to Leeds every day by train and bus. It was a very difficult time for her, you have to dance with your heart for ballet. She carried on, including auditioning. Jonathon our son has gone into his second year of remission and has just achieved a 2.1 in computer science, but he wants to give back to teenagers and young people with cancer by starting his paediatric nursing this September, he is also getting married next August. My husband has just gone into remission, just another area to assess on his lung, but we are hopeful. Elizabeth as you all know has secured a contract with the Royal Carribene to Australia, Hawaii and Alaska. Me I am now an alcoholic he he, I'm not really but the potential is there, only kidding.

So many challenging journeys on the forum, but these kids have a different kind of strengh and determination, when they have been faced with their own mortality, they grab every opportunity with both hands.

Good luck anyone else going through illness and thank goodness to our NHS xx

• Like 14

Anther fantastic story Tulip. What an amazingly supportive daughter you have - I hope she continues to realise her dreams !! So glad to hear your son & husband are/have responded well to treatment, you are again another strong lady holding it all together. Wishing you all the best xxx

• Like 1

Same to you Ballet4Boyz, enjoy life. I felt emotion writing the above piece, but I just wanted people to know that cures for cancer has come such a long way thanks to research. I applaud each and everyone of you who have lived through these journeys and kept it together allowing our children and their siblings to carry on living their lives to the full. I can't wait to see my daughter dance professionally, she deserves her success. I am nervous of this scan for my husband, because Elizabeth will be so far away this time, again she remains strong and feels ready to go. We remain positive that we WILL get good news

• Like 10

Hi ballet4boys myself and my daughter have had the pleasure in knowing your wonderful DS over the past 16 months. And I'm frilled that my DD will be starting vocational school with him very soon he is such pleasant young man always makes my DD laugh even when they should be concentrating in dance. But I know there journey and friendship is just the beginning and they have lots of memories to make x

• Like 2

I've had tears in my eyes reading all these posts. I'm so happy for those that have come out the other side from long battles with illness and I hope your DC continue to go from strength to strength - not just in health but in following and living their dreams. For those still living through hard times, I wish you and your DC courage and all the best for a return to health and happiness.

• Like 1