Directions to Rambert studios please

taxi4ballet

If the map on the website is accurate it took me a 5 minute gentle walk to get from the bus stop on Waterloo Bridge to the RFH recently. It looks as though Rambert is a similar walk away. I would tend to use the bus these days as I find the tube much more stressful. The Rambert site lists the 68 and 168 which, for me, can be picked up at Euston. The bus map of London is fantastic and I have become much more adventurous since I got a copy!

DD will be travelling by tube from within London, it's the teenager-proof directions from Waterloo tube station to the studios that she needs really.

We know that sometimes underground stations have multiple exits, she could do with some hints beforehand which is the best way :)

OK, I'm not overly familiar with Waterloo tube station so therefore I would:

Get the tube to Embankment.

Come out of Embankment on the river side (there are only 2 exits - river side and not river side).

Walk over the river on the Hungerford foot bridge.

Walk past the Royal Festival Hall etc till I got to the National Theatre.

Go behind the National Theatre and look for Rambert.

It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes on foot, if the map is accurate.

• Like 1

If your DD asks which exit is best for the National Theatre she should be directed out towards the BFI Imax. There is a subway under the IMAX roundabout and the exit for the National I think is sign posted. As she emerges from the subway with the National in front of her and the Southbank beyond the Rambert building will be just to her right. Can't miss it and should only take minutes. If all else fails just keep asking for the National. Rambert is directly across the road from the back of the theatre.

• Like 1

There is an exit at Waterloo tube station signed for National Theatre/Southbank. Then follow the instructions as above. Also does your dd have a map app on her phone? Usually teenager proof. Am taking a dd to this so will keep an eye out for any lost looking dancers.

Take the exit from Waterloo for the National which brings you out at the BACK of the festival hall. If you keep walking along that road at the back of the festival hall you just come to the Rambert .....I will look up the name of the road it might be Coin Street but not sure.

However for me personally I prefer Janet' s route from Embankment station and walking by the FRONT of the Festival Hall past the BFI and turn right when you get to the National so the National is then on your left hand side and walk down to the back ( away from the river) and the Rambert Building is just there by that point you couldn't miss it.

Quite a few buses stop at the bus stop for the National on Waterloo bridge.

Some go to Euston

Two go the Angel Islington ( no.4 and 241)

And a couple go towards Trafalgar Square and at least one (possibly no.1) goes to Tottenham Court Road.

So very easy by bus.

The road at the back of the Festival Hall really is right next to the building so almost as if you are going to go into the Hall ....its a nicer road than the busier road which has the IMAX in and that very busy roundabout .....best avoided if possible.

Edited by LinMM

I will be the harassed looking mother who gets there just in time - ruddy engineering works again!

Alas this turned out to be most prophetic - but well worth it! Until yesterday I thought that flocking was something to do with wallpaper, but I know better now - in fact I learned loads about contemporary dance and I was only watching! Hope everyone else had a good journey home.