Terry's Chocolate Oranges - and other festive/seasonal treats

taxi4ballet

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8/15 and I have to report that I bought a Twirl last night. It was somewhat shrunk in size which is good as it actually wasn't very nice and if it wasn't for the fact that I haven't had chocolate in a while it would have been chucked out the car window!! Actually I only ever chuck apple cores out the car window and that's only down country lanes where I have this misguided belief that some lovely little dormouse is going to come along and be very grateful because I've save him from starvation .....

• Like 5

Actually I only ever chuck apple cores out the car window and that's only down country lanes where I have this misguided belief that some lovely little dormouse is going to come along and be very grateful because I've save him from starvation .....

And when I throw my apple cores I imagine they will become the fruit laden trees that are in our hedgerows. Seem to have a good harvest this year. The dormice can eat the windfalls.

• Like 5

Oh my goodness. I scored 13/15. Have obviously had a misspent youth (and middle age...)

I got 12/15 but have to admit I guessed as I couldn't tell the difference between a Mars Bar, a Snickers or a Toffee Crisp.  Don't think I've eaten any of those in years.  The only one's I was completely sure about was Bounty (because there's two), Twix & Curly Wurly.

• Like 1

I used to love Terry's Chocolate Orange, and am very sad that it has been deemed necessary to "improve" the recipe. :(

The only thing they have improved is their profit margin (although that may backfire on them when people start boycotting them). I've added them to my 'boycott' list, along with Dairy Milk and Creme Eggs.

• Like 3

The size of chocolate oranges has been reduced by 10% but the price hasn't!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828270/Terryble-news-Fans-outrage-foreign-firm-shrinks-Terry-s-Chocolate-Orange-10-percent-price-remains-same.html

It is a national disgrace of epic proportions that our chocolate companies now all seem to be owned by Americans!

• Like 6

My Dad recently visited me and brought me some Cadbury's Dairy Milk bars. I noticed that they're now just 95g! I think they were 200g before, or at least 100g.
When my Mum visited me a couple of months ago she brought me a box of Cadbury's Roses (do you see the common theme here? ;) ) and I see that not only the wrappers have changed but the chocolates too!

Sad to hear that chocolate oranges have also changed!

Aldi chocolate is the nicest, particularly the Moscher Roth 70% cocoa Solids.  It nicely comes in small bars so you don't over eat as well.  Mr Cadbury no longer get's my custom, neither do Mars or Nestle.

I do lament the sad demise of proper British Chocolate though.  :(

• Like 4

It is sad that British chocolate companies have been sold abroad, I agree.

But the worst thing is that they change the recipe.  I like(d) British chocolate just the way it was.  I know the Continentals are very critical about it, but I find chocolate from Switzerland or Belgium far too rich for my palate.  On the other hand, American chocolate manages to be way too sweet and also a bit tasteless.  I don't know how they do it!

The Brits are huge buyers of confectionery, I do not know why the new owners are so determined to change a winning formula.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...