Paris Opera Ballet; Musical Theatre Coach

Nana Lily

Hello Balletco'ers! Around two to three years ago the RBS did an outreach day at Covent Garden with the Musical Theatre Coach from the Paris Opera Ballet. Unfortunately my girls were unable to attend. Did any of you out there have children who attended, how did they find the workshop, and does any one remember his name?

I have looked out for it since on the website, but it doesn't seem to have been repeated, although in May a ballet teacher from Paris Opera Ballet did a class. I remember we received a leaflet via JA's

We do have a forum member based in France, maybe you can help?

Many thanks

NL

Thanks afab, yes they use him for stage craft and performance coaching for the ballet students. I believe White Lodge also have done Stage Craft in the past, not sure if they still do, but sure someone on the forum will be able to comment

A little update on Paris Opera Ballet School for you afab....page 72 in the July edition on the Dancing Times features a report of the recent workshop by Carole Arbo. "As they get older and more experienced, training diversifies to include singing, contemporary dance and Jazz.".

NL

• Like 1

Maybe Nana Lily is referring to Scott Alan Prouty, head of music and musical expression at the POB school. I believe that even the youngest POB students take and greatly enjoy his classes in musical expression. And the song-and-dance part of the annual POB demonstrations in December (usually the finale of the younger students' performance) always goes down well with audiences too.

Yaffa

• Like 1