• 1 month later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three! from Anna:

Β 

"If your arm is not over your head, there is no centre line to your body. That's where a partner will support you"

Β 

"Port de bras cannot be added on as an afterthought, it is an integral part of the whole. Start the port de bras on the "and", like a singer taking a breath"

Β 

"if you're overcrossing in front you're probably undercrossing behind"

• 1 month later...

"It was all right up to the passΓ©. Then you all went to Seven Dials."

Β 

To Seven Dials? Eh?

Β 

"Flick up, but allow yourself to overcross a little"

Β 

*tries*

Β 

huh.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Β The barre is there for decoration it’s not a lifeline πŸ˜‚

Β 

If you’re going to do your exam you’re going to have to know what your’e doing (after I fluffed the tendu exercise after weeks of learning it 🀯)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Β The barre is there for decoration it’s not a lifeline πŸ˜‚

Β 

If you’re going to do your exam you’re going to have to know what your’e doing (after I fluffed the tendu exercise after weeks of learning it 🀯)

Β 

"The barre is your prince's hand...he won't be there in the centre when you need him, like all men"

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Willimus said:

Thanks for sharing my articleπŸ˜‰

Loved reading it. Very interesting piece thank you. Also your story on your blog is inspirational. Loved that you were taking 15 classes a week in your 20s just because you loved to dance. I started ballet at 45 having never danced before and it was so interesting to read your account of how training our bodies at different times of life differs. Thank you again.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

One from Anna du Boisson:

Β 

you know when you see a fly banging its head into the window over and over again? you need to stop dancing like that and analyze what is happening

Β 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Also an Anna-ism:

If a step doesn't work, you're probably either behind the music or your weight is in the wrong place

Β 

I was expecting her to say something about the time she held the late Queen's hair while she was throwing up, or the like, but not yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not really a correction:

Β 

"I remember when I was young, and in open class, when all the companies were...I found myself surrounded by people from the Royal Ballet and I had no idea what I was doing...

Β 

but

Β 

I was looked after"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2022 at 20:23, Alexander said:

Don't hold the barre like you're pushing a trolley around Lidl.

Haha the lovely Hannah Frost says this - love it 🀣

Β 

Do a mini pliΓ© - no, smaller than that - imagine you’ve gone to the pub and ordered a Bailey’s and they’ve given you the tiniest ever amount and it’s so small you wish you’d never bothered to order it - that’s how small a plie. 🀣

• Like 5

"... that's a crime and you will be taken to the incidence room"

Β 

And the little voices in my head pop off "It's a fair cop Guv but the wind blew all wrong and I have 11 unfed children and this ballet thing causes my buttocks to shrink something horrid..."

Β 

Restraint is essential

Edited by Alexander
  • Like 2

On 02/12/2022 at 22:51, Alexander said:

...Ryan Air plie, not an Emirates plie. BA plies come later....

Yasss 🀣

Β 

17 hours ago, Alexander said:

"... that's a crime and you will be taken to the incidence room"

Β 

And the little voices in my head pop off "It's a fair cop Guv but the wind blew all wrong and I have 11 unfed children and this ballet thing causes my buttocks to shrink something horrid..."

Β 

Restraint is essential

Lol if the ballet incident room was real I’d have spent a LOT of time in there over the last year for crimes against ballet 🀣

Β 

And @Alexanderdon’t forget Kung Fu Panda foot (said when leg not turned out in developee or tendu to second). Absolute gold 🀣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Yasss 🀣

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Trouble is every time a crime is mentioned I feel obliged to try it..it sort of sounds interesting. Now, if there was ever the mention of proscribed Zombies I think I might just shamble for the rest of the class.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/12/2022 at 12:15, Angela Essex said:

Yasss 🀣

Β 

Lol if the ballet incident room was real I’d have spent a LOT of time in there over the last year for crimes against ballet 🀣

Β 

Β 

Β 

Always interesting to track the cost of crimes (paid either cash or PayPal) as it seems the current cost of living crisis has led to a 12.5 - 25% rise. I always have a couple of gold Kruggerand or other internationally recognised bullion in my ballet bag for ad hoc expenses but haven't quite summed up the courage to ask if change is given.

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

Β 

Always interesting to track the cost of crimes (paid either cash or PayPal) as it seems the current cost of living crisis has led to a 12.5 - 25% rise. I always have a couple of gold Kruggerand or other internationally recognised bullion in my ballet bag for ad hoc expenses but haven't quite summed up the courage to ask if change is given.

🀣 yes it’s gone up from Β£1 to Β£1.50 so a 50% increase - well above inflation 🀣🀣🀣

• Like 1