A non-naff ballet present!

I dont know about you, but i have never found a ballet doll that wasn't cutesy and a bit naff. But on my way home going through Victoria shopping centre opposite the coach station to get sandwiches for the journey home, i saw this doll in a shop, and just had to have it! Funnily enough, I was on the way back from the Bolshoi Swan Lake. It's like one of those poseable figures you use for drawing, but as a ballerina. She can do so many ballet postions! (And no I dont work for the company!) i just thought she was delightful, and at £22 each, a lovely present for the young (and old) ballet fan. Kept me amused all the way home.....

http://www.pylones.com/en/decoration/529-gift-design-dancing-doll-larabesque.html#

• Like 6

Reminds me of the time dd and I happened to find ourselves alone in the art classroom during parents' evening at her academic school. There was a large collection of little wooden mannequins on a shelf,  and we rearranged them into ballet poses (only slightly hampered by their lack of turnout)!

I'd love to have seen the art teacher's face in the morning ;)

• Like 4

I bought the white one, but it was a toss up as the black one was adorable too. If i don't watch out, I could end up with a whole corps de ballet ranged along the shelf!

The tutu skirt slides on and off, so you could buy the black one and make her a red skirt DQ fan!

Edited by cavycapers
  • Like 5

Not really necessary that, PITF. Maybe one of those occasions when if you can't say something nice, it might be better to say nothing at all.

Well actually, while I was drooling over various items in the Chester shop that is exactly what my friend said!  Horses for courses!

• Like 1

I see absolutely nothing wrong in what I said. I've not seen the doll in person may be wonderful but the rest of the shop is full of the sort of stuff that appeals to the teen girl friends of dd or what I call expensive tat.

The doll 'in person' does indeed look wonderful to me. And she looks as if she would wither you with a glance (or attack you with her pointe shoe) if you dared to suggest otherwise. :)

• Like 4