• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, today I spent an hour with my ballet teacher, and then two
hours with the journalist from the local television station, who did a
what-do-you-call-it on me, and it will be broadcast at 6.30 pm on Thursday on

BBC South, and the programme is "South Today" after the national news.

I have found out that since 2003, when the Royal Academy of
Dance started computer records, I am the oldest person to pass that
exam!!! I am now an affiliate.not just a friend of the RAD !!! YEH! It
cost me an extra 10 quid a year. Hey !!! I'm just a teenager !!!

• Like 14

Well I've just finished watching South Today and unfortunately nothing came up about your story Dormouse!!

As somebody here says they have seen it was it on at lunchtime instead?

Or is there a link to this article....that you can direct to ....cannot see anything related on the website.

The local news programmes are usually available for 24 hours on the iplayer.  I've just scanned through the lunchtime one but that is only a 10 minute bulletin.

Given the news included at lunchtime it could well be that transmission has been deferred - worth keeping an eye out tomorrow.  Here is the generic link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006pfl4?suggid=b006pfl4

Found it ... it was shown on the lunchtime news today - about 6:30 in and I assume may be repeated tonight.  The lunchtime news only seems to be available on iplayer for around 10 hours after transmission and I think the later news is available for around 24 hours.

Here's the link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mj67?suggid=b006mj67

You looked fabulous Dormouse!

Just lovely! So inspiring - congratulations Dormouse & thank you Janet for posting link to TV news item.

Am creeping up towards 50 & secretly want to take an exam but never had confidence to ask teacher to actually talk the logistics through.....did you do regular class with teens etc or private lessons? I love my adult ballet class where we range in age from 18 - 80+!!

Sorry I haven't been around recently, I've been interviewed and video-ed, and there's more this afternoon and on Monday ...

Have any of you looked at the RAD Facebook page??? Over 1/4 million views. Is that considered a lot?

• Like 3

Just lovely! So inspiring - congratulations Dormouse & thank you Janet for posting link to TV news item.

Am creeping up towards 50 & secretly want to take an exam but never had confidence to ask teacher to actually talk the logistics through.....did you do regular class with teens etc or private lessons? I love my adult ballet class where we range in age from 18 - 80+!!

I started with the adult class, but (dare I say this?) they were "once a weekers, when they could get there" so I wanted something more challenging, and Monica gave me permission to join a syllabus class, which is generally for 13- to 18-year olds. I also have some private lessons with Monica; you've seen her studio on television.

• Like 2