Ballet in the cinema, 2016-2017

Good! It wasn'r there yesterday. The cast is good.

Anastasia Stashkevich is Canary Fairy 
Princess Florine is Anastasia Denisova, a young dancer to watch.

Oh, and I so wanted to see this ... but it is at the exact same time as the second (and last) Corrales Albrecht with ENB in the beautiful Skeaping Giselle ... and when having to choose between live and filmed I always plumb for the live.  Tried to look and see if there were any London encores for the Bolshoi but could find none.  If anyone hears of one I would be most grateful to know about it.  

Oh, and I so wanted to see this ... but ..

Although not necessarily but It might happen that they will do streaming for a day after the transmission. They do it sometimes. Better to watch it on the Bolshoi's website.

Although not necessarily but It might happen that they will do streaming for a day after the transmission. They do it sometimes. Better to watch it on the Bolshoi's website.

Bless you, Amelia.  How long after the broadcast do they put the performance on the Bolshoi website?  Forgive my ignorance but I've never watched a programme from that resource before.  

Bless you, Amelia.  How long after the broadcast do they put the performance on the Bolshoi website?  Forgive my ignorance but I've never watched a programme from that resource before.  

It used to be 24 hours but I wouldn't count on it. This used to be on YouTube, not on their website. Now, they may stream the broadcast on their Facebook page instead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If It's Jan 15 and coming from La Scala it will be Romeo and Juliet, not Coppelia. It was supposed to be a new version of Coppelia by Mauro Bigonzetti, but when he quit as AD last month they replaced Coppelia with R&J.

And Misty Copeland???

http://www.odeon.co....p_juliet/17017/

Don't they have any home-grown Juliets?  What's Copeland's Juliet like?

Wimbledon the only London Odeon showing this.

Oops.  Good job I checked up on this - I remembered it was on in January, but not that it was this early in January!

Did anyone else see Romeo and Juliet from La Scala? It was interesting to see a totally different set and costumes, I thought the basic set worked well for the market scenes but not so well for especially, the ballroom, and bedroom and tomb scenes. I also wasn't too keen on the shiny material for Juliet's dresses. I thought Misty Copeland was wonderful as Juliet, she danced with the sort of abandon that Lynn Seymour had, and I found her really moving. I also enjoyed Roberto Bolle as Romeo but felt that perhaps he is now past his prime. It was lovely to have such close up views although I found that sometimes it was too close but equally when I felt a close up would have been really good, in the last act, we weren't given one. Some interesting rehearsal footage and interviews with Copeland and Bolle in the intervals.A very disappointing turnout at the cinema I went to, there were about a dozen of us there.