Sign in to follow this  
annaliesey

Eek! Buses to RAD HQ

Because dd has her exams at school I don't have any involvement as such (I just pay the bills!) & provide any items of uniform she asks for!

For her IF I think she wore 3 different pairs of shoes. Split sole canvas flats (normal uniform ballet flats) soft blocks & pointes.

I have no idea what she wore for intermediate!

• Like 2

Yeah the whole ribbon thing was a bit confusing. Apparently dd's teacher said she thought she may need them but would check and come back to us. This conversation was with directly between DD and teacher and both promptly forgot!

3 other girls in the exam session made sure they had ribbons then right at the last min teacher phoned to say DD prob would want them so she wouldn't look like odd one out in the session but she wouldn't be penalised if she didn't have them.

But her canvass flats did look a bit scruffy as in not very new and clean looking. I just thought ribbons with them would look very odd. I've never seen anyone wear ribbons with canvass shoes

I guess it's worth knowing the right answer for anyone else caught out by this

Teacher doesn't think she will get marked down for wrong side as says they are looking at pirouettes .. Is she just being kind and optimistic?

• Like 1

soft pointe shoes– pink with ribbons (soft ballet shoes may be worn for the Intermediate Foundation exam only – pink with ribbons)

I copy pasted this from the RAD website.  In a section above this on the required uniform, it notes that waistband and hairband are optional, but says nothing about the shoe ribbons being optional, so I think you can be fairly sure that ribbons are compulsory.  That doesn't mean that a candidate entering without ribbons on her shoes would be marked down for it or refused entry, but it is not optional - it is required.

• Like 1

I've found the bus routes themselves to be fine - except when there was an unexpected road closure in Battersea that resulted in dd and I being abandoned in an unknown residential area of Battersea.....half an hour before her Advanced 1 exam.

Make sure the mapping system on your phone works - just in case!!

Same thing happened to us - we ended up running to HQ with the aid of DD's iphone ! A nightmare as she had to follow the other girls upstairs - all went well in the end , but such stress. The next couple of times we were ready to jump off the bus after it crossed the bridge if it deviated at all !

• Like 2