Royal Ballet Casting Winter 2016/17

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called the ROH Box Office to check the meaning of 'limited availablility' for the February 18 Beauty matinée.  The information they have at the moment is that the amphitheatre is reserved for an invited audience.  The rest of the auditorium will be available for the rest of us.

Great news :)

Sorry to regular amphi go-ers though. :( Luckily for me (but not my purse) I can't sit up there.

• 1 month later...

In these situations, does anyone know if 'Amphitheatre' includes the Upper Slips or not?

Lower and Upper Slips are available for general booking (I've just been in and checked, as my booking entitlement opened today).

And you may be pleased to know that very few of them have thus far been snaffled by Supporting Friends or higher ;)

Edited by RuthE

Lower and Upper Slips are available for general booking (I've just been in and checked, as my booking entitlement opened today).

And you may be pleased to know that very few of them have thus far been snaffled by Supporting Friends or higher ;)

Thank you for finding this out! And I am very pleased - the lower numbered seats are often snaffled before general booking opens, in my experience.

Well, there's still Friends+ and ordinary Friends booking to go, of course, before the general public get a look-in - but there's always a fresh allocation released for public booking anyway, so under some circumstances you can do better on general booking day than on lowest-level Friends booking day, because there are new tickets available - though of course you're fighting a much larger pool of people for them.