Press Release: iD by Cirque Éloize returns to the Peacock Theatre - September 2016

Cirque Éloize

iD
The Peacock
Tuesday 20 September – Saturday 8 October
Performances: Tue - Sat at 7.30pm, Sat at 2.30pmSunday at 2pm and 6.30pm
Tickets: £15 - £42
Ticket Office: 020 7863 8000 or www.sadlerswells.com

★★★★ "A mesmerising delight. This truly thrilling modern circus show is as nail-biting as it is beautiful"
Daily Telegraph

Canadian contemporary circus crew Cirque Éloize blasts back into the West End with iD, a smash-hit show of daring stunts and dazzling theatricality. iD is an exciting family friendly production, blending circus, street dance and hip hop, and comes to Sadler’s Wells’ West End venue, The Peacock20 September – 8 October 2016.

Directed by Jeannot Painchaud and blending circus arts, acrobatic skills and breakdance, iD transports audiences to a vibrant urban streetscape. The stage fizzes with infectious energy and phenomenal physical feats, as the 15 talented cast members perform against a kaleidoscope of video projections.

Cirque Éloize has become world leaders in contemporary circus since the company was founded in 1993. Cirque Éloize specializes in creating shows that fuse circus arts with music, theatre and dance.

ABOUT SADLER’S WELLS

Sadler's Wells is a world-leading dance house, committed to producing, commissioning and presenting new works and to bringing the very best international and UK dance to London and worldwide audiences. Under the Artistic Directorship of Alistair Spalding, the theatre’s acclaimed year-round programme spans dance of every kind, from contemporary to flamenco, Bollywood to ballet, salsa to street dance and tango to tap. Since 2005 it has helped to bring over 90 new dance works to the stage and its award-winning commissions and collaborative productions regularly tour internationally. Sadler’s Wells supports 16 Associate Artists, three Resident Companies and an Associate Company and nurtures the next generation of talent through hosting the National Youth Dance Company, its Summer University programme, Wild Card initiative and its New Wave Associates. 

Located in Islington, north London, the current theatre is the sixth to have stood on the site since it was first built by Richard Sadler in 1683. The venue has played an illustrious role in the history of theatre ever since, with The Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and English National Opera all having started at Sadler’s Wells. 

Sadler’s Wells is an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation and currently receives approximately 10% of its revenue from Arts Council England.

Thanks Janet. Is this a hot tip or are you just passing on the information? I'd be interested in opinions on the show, as it's returning.

Call me jaded but this prose doesn't suggest an event any different from a dozen other similar shows, but more than happy to be told otherwise as I know nothing about this.

Geoff - it is the press release issued by Sadler's Wells.  

I was luck, some years ago, to see Cirque Eloize at the Lowry in a production called, IIRC, Rain.  Despite the name of the company I thought it more dance than circus.  They were  fabulous and  I am sad I have not had an opportunity to see them since but I am out of date with the company now.

I would happily go and see this if the opportunity arose.

• Like 1