Travel insurance covering ballet

KathyG

DS may have the opportunity to go to the States for a summer school. I've been told that you can get travel insurance to cover you doing dangerous sports/bungey jumping etc but it is very hard to get cover for ballet class.

Can anyone recommend a company which offers this sort of cover please?

When Martin did Prague I queryed this with a travel insurance company and was told ballet was fine under there normal cover. This was 4 or 5 years ago. I pushed the point and said what if he broke an ankle during a class and that was fine. However I bet that is no longer the case. I find the best thing to do is ring. Someone like Essential Travel, Insure and go etc. good luck.

DS went to states for SI and later as FT vocational student and DH rang virtually every insurance company here and got no joy. Best is to ask the school itself- they arranged cover for DS under the same insurers all the other American students use. So far he has had a variety of treatments (fairly minor GP type stuff such as vaccinations) and I assume this has been done via the medical insurance he has as we certainly haven't paid anything. If you need the name of the specific insurance company we are using I can get details form DH.....