soft blocks

straceydor

my dd is only on her second pair of pointe shoes and I don't want to deshank her first ever pair of pointes so I need to get a new pair. So are they soft blocks fitted like pointes and are they about the same price or more expensive or cheaper?

swaybacksapphire - I have a lead on a place in the summer hols. Which is highly recommended by dance teacher. This place has stopped fitting recently and will be discounted. But if they don't have what is required I will try dancique in brum

• Like 1

Thank you Anna C. I'm a good girl and read the posts i could on soft blocks before posting my question

Well done. ;-) It was more in case you'd like info on steaming/bashing/breaking in the shoes once they've been fitted. :-)

• Like 3

I found a couple of films on youtube about turning pointe shoes into demi-pointes and in both the instruction was to soak them overnight, remove absolutely everything and then stuff them with newspaper until they dry out.  I have never done this and I am very curious about it.  First of all they seemed to have turned them into totally soft ballet slippers - maybe the RAD would find them unacceptable - I mean they looked exactly like soft satin shoes!  Second I would be terrifyied of their disintegrating!  Has anyone ever used this method?