Royal Ballet School Summer Performances 2016

If the RBS main stage matinee began life as an end of year performance for the graduating class it soon stopped being just that. It has, it seems to me, developed over time to meet the needs, or the perceived needs,of the RBS. This year it was the only  RBS Covent Garden performance because of the building work that is taking place at Bow Street.I wonder whether that fact had any impact on the form and content of this year's main stage programme?

I fear that I don't feel able to comment on the content of the most recent posts that have found their way into this discussion. I do question the idea that there are individuals who are apologists for any company or school. If we are honest we have to accept that there is no company or school that gets things right all the time. Everyone has their own views about the repertory and casting choices made by the management of the various companies that we get the opportunity to see each season.We all have the right to say what we think about what we have seen without being told that they are talking nonsense. If you think that someone has got the wrong idea about some aspect of a performance or programming it actually helps if you can explain to all of us why you think that the views expressed are incorrect.That has the effect of adding to our collective knowledge and understanding which terse responses do not. 

Edited by FLOSS
  • Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

I've moved a lot of threads relating to graduates' futures out of the Royal Ballet School performance thread here http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/12921-royal-ballet-school-summer-performances-2016/page-2#entry180271 into this thread.  This may have led to some duplication of posts, or chronological inconsistencies, in which case my apologies.  I hope it will still make sense.