William Tuckett's new Nutcracker to be performed in Wembley Park

Hmm, sounds interesting:

"This winter, the worlds of classical ballet and immersive theatre will fuse for the first time, as Will Tuckett’s Nutcracker receives its world premiere at Wembley Park. Starring Adam Cooper (Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake) as Uncle Drosselmeyer, the production will invite audience members to explore Tchaikovsky’s Christmas classic in a 360-degree immersive environment.

The production will unite the best of classical ballet choreography with new immersive theatre techniques, allowing the audience to interact directly with the story and the characters. Offering an alternative to traditional Christmas entertainment, Will Tuckett’s Nutcracker at Wembley Park gives you the chance to not just watch but live a fairytale adventure."

• Like 1

I will probably go and treat it as a theatrical experience rather than a traditional Nutcracker

However I too have reservations about audience participation .....for me this is fine for 3-30 year olds ....but after that gets a bit tedious!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

According to an announcement posted on their website, Will Tuckett's immersive Nutcracker is now "on hold" and will not receive its premier this year. Apparently this is due to an investor pulling out, and no new sources of funding available. Ticket holders will be issued a refund, but if you have a ticket you may want to contact them just in case. 

This is a real shame for all involved, especially at such a late stage. Fingers crossed for next year. 

Edited by Saodan

I must say that when I was looking at the website and saw how many dancers were involved, plus an orchestra, I did wonder about the economics of staging the production. It's a great shame for everybody involved (and no doubt a financial blow for many).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...