Ingrowing Toenail?

Anna C

I would highly recommend a chiropodist. I've had ingrown toenails in the past and have gone to the chiropodist in agony. They know EXACTLY the right place to cut it - instant relief!!

Please don't do anything at home until you've seen one. We're all paying ££££ for our dc to dance, it should be no more than £40 or so.

Dd seeing the chiropodist tomorrow. Interestingly enough though, although they look the same, the "bad" toenails have stopped hurting as much en pointe now. Very bizarre.

Still, the chiropodist is less expensive than I remembered - "only" £28, and as this week I've had to shell out for glasses for dd, new pointe shoes, and tickets for me to watch various school events she's participating in, what's another £28? It's only money! *falls around laughing hysterically*

But you're right, it is worth it, you can't be too careful with dancing feet.

• Like 1

Well, not too painful - financially or literally! The nail beds are "involuted" (?) which means they are not ingrowing but have the potential to do so. However, they are not infected and we have been cutting them correctly. The chiropodist tidied them up and clipped little bits of skin and nail away to sort them out for now. Dd has to soak the feet in warm salted water after ballet but just for 5-10 mins, then wipe with surgical spirit, and we don't have to go back until they start to look as they did before, or if they start hurting.

Job done! :-)

• Like 3