Kickstart (Tring programme for boys)

Boys_can_dance

Hi- new to this forum ????

Please excuse me starting off with a question, but does anyone have experience with Tring's KickStart program for boys? I've tried to look on the website, but the info is for last year- i.e. 2015/16. So, does anyone know whether they need to audition, when it restarts and how to apply? And whether it's worth the almost 2hr drive from here? Thanks

Hi

My DS has done kickstart for the last 2 years. It's well worth the drive, we have a long trip too. He loves the classes and I feel they are very good value for money and a great benefit to him as he gets to experience a range of genres. He has also made some good friends.

I'm sure information will be up quite soon for next years classes.

Thanks for the answers. I work full time, but it seems the best boys program available, so I'm prepared to bite the bullet- he is the only boy in the whole dance school, which is a bit of a concern, as he does not get enough gender- specific training.

Did your son have to audition, or is it first come, first serve for places?

My DS loves kick start! Never missed a session since it started and it is nearly 3 hours drive for us to get to Tring. Well worth it! Lots of boys attending and only male teachers. The details are not yet on the website but we have been assured the programme will carry on. There are no auditions.