Cake decorations - tap and ballet shoes?

amum/Cathy

Looking for suggestions/advice. Ds's dance teacher is retiring and I want to organise a big retirement cake for the little do she's holding for the pupils. I thought of putting tiny tap and ballet shoes as decorations - plastic and approx 2-3" long...ish. Maybe just a pair of each. Has anyone come across such things? Any ideas where I could find them. Or alternative suggestions welcome! The pupils there will be mostly ballet pupils. Possibly some balloons would be fun, for the younger ones, so a website that sells themed balloons would be great.

• Like 1

Thanks Liveforballet and 2dancersmum. I've googled and searched but I don't want it too girly as 18 year old ds is her longest standing pupil, and anyway I'm paying/or cooking (haven't decided which yet)! I think I'm going to order 2 little tap shoe key rings for the tap shoes - and hopefully take the metal rings off and a cute pointe shoe keyring, both on Amazon.

There's a special edible modelling material that you can buy.  Don't know where you would buy it in the UK - possibly supemarket.  My daughter-in-law makes wonderful figures from it for decorating my grandkids' birthday cakes.  I imagine it would be fairly easy to model pink ballet shoes and perhaps red tap shoes out of it.

• Like 1

Thanks Dance*is*life. I might check out our local hobbycraft shop for it.

The little tap shoe key rings arrived this morning. They are 3 1/2 cm long and the metal chain will easily come off. They will be perfect as decorations. If anyone else is interested/for future reference; they were from Katz dancewear (available from Amazon). Hope I'm allowed to post that!

• Like 1