Queen's birthday lunch - Mall photo

:lol:

I wonder what was in the picnic baskets?  And the glasses look as though they are filled with rain water. 

What's in the hamper?

The hamper was put together by Marks and Spencer and contains:

• "Best of British" sandwiches
  • Pembrokeshire chicken roulade with Wye Valley asparagus and minted Cornish potato salad
  • Scottish Smoked Salmon mousse with hot and cold Sandringham oak-smoked Lochmuir salmon
  • Cornish Cove mature cheese and Red Leicester with Scottish seeded oatcakes
  • Mini piccalilli pork pie

I was in the M&S on Long Acre yesterday and they had piles of hampers that looked just like those on the tables.  I don't know if they were for sale and only realised when I saw these pictures what they were.

I see the RAD played a really big role in the parade which ended with Bussell and dancers in front of the Queen. Jolly good - ballet at the centre of national life!! I work for a charity of which the Queen is patron and two of my colleagues were going to the picnic, so I will look forward to hearing about it all.

• Like 3

What's in the hamper?

The hamper was put together by Marks and Spencer and contains:

• "Best of British" sandwiches
  • Pembrokeshire chicken roulade with Wye Valley asparagus and minted Cornish potato salad
  • Scottish Smoked Salmon mousse with hot and cold Sandringham oak-smoked Lochmuir salmon
  • Cornish Cove mature cheese and Red Leicester with Scottish seeded oatcakes
  • Mini piccalilli pork pie

I was in the M&S on Long Acre yesterday and they had piles of hampers that looked just like those on the tables.  I don't know if they were for sale and only realised when I saw these pictures what they were.

I believe they also contained a cupcake for dessert!

Fonty, the drink was PIMM's....each hamper had a can of PIMM's in it...  :)

• Like 1