MIDAS Auditions

Chauffeurmummy

Can I ask a genuine question please and honest answers appreciated?!

My daughter (9 so auditioning for a Yr 5 place) has had no's from both Elmhurst and Tring this year. Her teacher maintains that she is a gorgeous and talented dancer - and she certainly has the passion and desire. Dance is what she wants to do.

However, I now need to decide whether she attends the MIDAS audition on Sunday or not. If she's already been rejected by Elmhurst and Tring (and most likely RBS) I am assuming she's not likely to be accepted by MIDAS either. Am I doing more damage by allowing her to try yet again knowing that she's likely to fail??

Help!!!

We've had a no from RBS and we are going to MIDAS on Sunday I think it's important for him to keep chasing his YES he's broken his heart today but I've tried to explain this world of dance is always going to be tough and there is always going to be someone chasing their heals so he's now looking forward to Sunday x

• Like 1

My dd audition for all four big dance schools for year 7 and got a no. Auditioned for MIDAS for a year 7 place got a yes. Auditioned for Elmhurst and Hammond for year 8 got a no. Stayed with MIDAS for year 8 and only reason not continuing got a place at Hammond for year 9 :)

• Like 2

Chauffeurmummy, Midas is a great scheme for young dancers and had, when my DD did it, lots of RBS JA's and Elmhurst associates doing it. It was great for strength and conditioning and also (the thing I love about the Hammond too) allowed the children to have a go at things that they would never get chance to try in a normal ballet class;

There were children of different standards, all with their own talents. go for it.

MTB is also fabulous. Try them all. Your young dancer will find what is right for them, right now.

• Like 3

I hope all of the DC that auditioned yesterday and at the end of May enjoyed the experience. The standard was very high and we have some difficult decisions to make. Obviously I genuinely don't know who you are or who your DD was in the auditions (which is a good thing for all parties concerned I think) but whatever the outcome please know that all of the dancers we saw in the auditions were good dancers, keen, worked hard and gave their very best. I even said to some of the groups yesterday that I wish we could fit them all in but logistically we can't. If it is a 'no' this time, I know it's upsetting but please don't be downhearted. Make sure your DC's are with good teachers who know that your DC wants to work hard and to be pushed (as some teachers don't realise this and are afraid to be strict on pupils for fear that they will leave and go elsewhere, especially if there is a history of this). A lot can happen in a year - children grow, develop strength, develop performance skills, learn to feel line through their whole body, etc etc etc so if it is not to be this year, keep working hard and try again next year. 

• Like 16

A very big thank you to everyone who encouraged me to take my DD along to the MIDAS audition. She has received a lovely Yes so went skipping off to school this morning full of the joys of life and counting down how many weeks it is until she can start! Thank you!!

• Like 16