BRB Casting - Birmingham

Can someone tell me what 'audience open day' entails please? I am taking my ds to watch Shrew on Saturday matinee and just noticed that it has audience open day at 12.30. Is it worth going early for? Thank you in advance.

There's no real information on the website but I understand that usually there are costumes to view and a dancer putting on their makeup as well as colouring activities for younger children.

When I've arrived to see a matinee when there has been a family day there are usually lots of smiling families, if that is any help.

I will be there on the opening night of each, particularly excited to see The Moor's Pavane with that amazing cast and Mathias Dingman as Hamlet. I always feel a sense of disappointment when BRB casting is posted, but only because I have too many favourites and couldn't possibly see them all in one performance! 

• Like 1

And a great chance for Lewis Turner. I actually quite relieved about Mathias Dingman. To me he was the obvious choice but I feel he has not been given that many opportunities recently and I was concerned we would lose him. So, three Hamlets, 3 great guys to show their stuff.

And a great chance for Lewis Turner. I actually quite relieved about Mathias Dingman. To me he was the obvious choice but I feel he has not been given that many opportunities recently and I was concerned we would lose him. So, three Hamlets, 3 great guys to show their stuff.

Oh .... I'd only looked at the performances I've got booked.  I wonder if I could stay on for the Friday night ... or drive back down for the Saturday night!!!

• Like 1

Oh .... I'd only looked at the performances I've got booked.  I wonder if I could stay on for the Friday night ... or drive back down for the Saturday night!!!

If you're there on the Friday night, you'll be able to identify me by my new blue badge.

• Like 2