Fund raising for the Jamaica cultural trip

Katymac

DD has been invited to go to Jamaica (I mentioned it already) & her grandma has funded her portion of the trip.  What I didn't realise when we were offered the opportunity was that the rest of the funding hadn't been raised.

Each child has to fund their bit and the organisation is trying to fund the rest

I have many issues with fund raising especially for a 'jolly' but from the sounds of it they will work very hard over there (in the wrong time zones for their bodies) and produce a performance.

It would feel inappropriate to ask for DD but as this is a group trip and there are children from all sorts of backgrounds going I decided it would be OK to post a link to their fund raising page in case anyone would like to support them

I hope no one is offended (& I asked a moderator first)

https://www.gofundme.com/aydanceco

I know it's not long off but have the group tried going round local businesses.

Our local Tescos often has bag-packers collecting for funds e.g. for the guides or a local dance school.  When the local dance school were doing it they also did a little showpiece in the foyer.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is, as a sort of 'associate' type scheme, the children come from all over the southeast to their classes in Islington

So there isn't a local' But DD might try our local paper & I'll suggest it to the teacher/organiser

It might be worth contacting local charitable organisations such as the Rotary Club, Lions etc to see if they can help, or at least suggest other options for you, as from what i have seen in our area they are pretty expert at fund raising.

Pictures explained it

It's lovely that she gets invited back - but I am quite 'out of the loop' now & as she is 18, I don't have much say

But it's Jamaica & I do worry :rolleyes:  Probably because I am a nightmare!!

There is a show tomorrow for the Lord Mayors Patrons Lunch (not sure where apostrophes go in that!) in Trafalgar Square at about 3- so I think they will be hoping to raise money there (I guess) DD couldn't go to that

For college? Yes she is just finishing her first year at Performers, she is going on to do Dance Theatre and got a scholarship fro full fees and a bursary that funds accommodation, food & uniform

She had a blip early in the year after my dad died but she has caught up on her coursework and is now doing really well again

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know after much discussion this is likely to be postponed until next year to enable more fund raising

DD is hopefully off to Cologne to see Ballet Revolution instead :D  she is 'consoled' by this :rolleyes:

• Like 3

So sorry it hasn't worked out for this year Katymac.  Do press them to continue fund raising NOW so that it is not a mad dash and more disappointment next year.

Some of our members have given some really good fundraising ideas above.

• Like 4