York Dance Assembly Summer school 2016

Worktolive

This Residential and Day summer school is organised by Yorkshire Ballet Scholarship Centre ( founded by Louise Browne) in York with all funds going to help run the centre which is a charity. It takes place from Monday 8th Aug - Friday 12th August at Queen Margaret's school, Escrick, York which is a private boarding school set in beautiful grounds with its own indoor swimming pool, theatre and dance studios. Applicants from the age of 10 years to vocational students can attend having daily classes in Classical Ballet, Jazz and Contemporary with workshops in street dance, musical theatre, and stage make-up. This year's faculty includes Brenda Last OBE, Simon Horrill, Antonio Borriello, Nathalie Leger, Gill Caplan, Laura Meeson and others. Further information can be found on the website www.yorkshireballetscholarshipcentre.com or message me for details. Closing Date 1st July 2016.

• Like 1

Hello Pixiewoo and welcome to the Forum!  How exciting for your DD.

Thank you  ... been lurking a while ;)

Hi Pixiewoo how old is your DD? There are about 4 girls from our dance school attending aged 10/11 they are lovely friendly girls very excited to be attending. I'm sure your DD will love it x

Thank you, DD is 11. There are 2 other girls from our dance school attending as well. All very excited :)

• Like 1

Hello, this is my 1st post on here, so hi everyone!

My DD is doing the York Dance Assembly on residential, she is soo excited. It will also be her 10th birthday on the 2nd day and the lady who organises has said that they will make sure she has a special day.

My DD was successful in gaining a scholarship and starts in Sept, is anyone elses DD a scholar and due to start in Sept? It will be nice for my DD to potential meet some of the scholars that she will meet in Sept.

xx

• Like 2

I think one of the girls from our dance school is a scholar, but is older. DD didn't audition as we don't have time for scholars!

Yes, an extra day or two in the week would be handy wouldn't it! From September we certainly have to plan our time and move things around as she is also a Northern Ballet associate, attends gymnastics and our own dance school 4 days a week!! she loves it though which is most important!

• Like 2

My DD (just turned 10 last month so another young one) would love to attend this. Still thinking about it it as she's doing Hammond Summer School a couple of weeks beforehand and am a bit worried about an overload of dance, especially as this is her first year of doing anything outside her local dance school - not that she's remotely bothered by the prospect!! She was particularly excited at the prospect of anther little attendee having a birthday :)

My DD (just turned 10 last month so another young one) would love to attend this. Still thinking about it it as she's doing Hammond Summer School a couple of weeks beforehand and am a bit worried about an overload of dance, especially as this is her first year of doing anything outside her local dance school - not that she's remotely bothered by the prospect!! She was particularly excited at the prospect of anther little attendee having a birthday :)

One of our older girls at our dance school is a scholar and did the summer school last year and said it was fantastic! With special mention of the fantastic food!! haha 

I could be accused of my girls doing too much however whilst they are eager and want to do it I am happy to support them and do as much as humanly possible...the bank account doesn't quite agree though!!  :lol:

• Like 1

One of our older girls at our dance school is a scholar and did the summer school last year and said it was fantastic! With special mention of the fantastic food!! haha 

I could be accused of my girls doing too much however whilst they are eager and want to do it I am happy to support them and do as much as humanly possible...the bank account doesn't quite agree though!!  :lol:

With you all the way Balletmumof2, both the bank balance and my stress levels suffer here, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! I suspect we'll see you there unless I dither too long and there are no spaces left ... Eek!

• Like 2

My dd is 14. She’s doing the Hammond one (1st time) and the York Dance Assembly (2nd time). She would definitely say that there’s no such thing as an overload of dance! See you there :)

• Like 3

With you all the way Balletmumof2, both the bank balance and my stress levels suffer here, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! I suspect we'll see you there unless I dither too long and there are no spaces left ... Eek!

I'm often told my DD is doing too much, but she loves it, and it keeps her busy and out of mischief!

I find it easier not to look at the bank balance too closely!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ours arrived in the post about 10 minutes ago! :)

ours arrived this morning!  I was about to email and ask!

now to find some jazz shoes to borrow!  DD never wore them to dance in, preferring bare feet or foot thong things, and after 2 years of brand new shoes never being worn, I refused to buy any more!

Edited by Pixiewoo