Pavel Dmitrichenko released from prison

According to Russia Today Pavel Dmitichenko has been released from prison after serving half his sentence.  No information as to whether he will be able to resume his dance career, but still has the support of a large number of Bolshoi employees.

• Like 1

Dmitrichenko was hugely popular with his fellow dancers and still has massive support within the company.  It is not impossible for him to return now that Vaziev is in charge.  The biggest problem is what shape he is in, he may not be physically able to continue dancing.

I think he could get back into shape with a few months of hard work and if he is still,keen to dance.

It's the politics of it with the Bolshoi .....as they are keen for things to settle down there after all,the adverse publicity in recent times ...will they want him back ...in case it sets something off?

I think he could get back into shape with a few months of hard work and if he is still,keen to dance.

It's the politics of it with the Bolshoi .....as they are keen for things to settle down there after all,the adverse publicity in recent times ...will they want him back ...in case it sets something off?

There is the question too that he will almost inevitably be 'on licence'.  

• Like 1

I seem to remember Dmitrichenko saying on Bolshoi Babylon that he never really wanted to be a dancer.  He said that he comes from a family of dancers and his parents wanted him to dance but he wasn't all that interested.  He started dancing for lack of anything else to do, was my impression.  (Please correct me if I'm misremembering.)  He may well take this opportunity to do something other than dance.